Converting Mark IV 120v to 240v

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulemasta

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some advice from anyone who may have done this with success on Mark amp. just wanting to know who can be recommended at a reasonable price hopefully in Sydney. I assume also that the fan will need to be changed. Any help is much appreciated.

Hey dude.. I am just north of you..I have a mk IV running 110volts and i am only using a 500 watt step down transformer with great success.. it's the best way to run a mesa in my book becasue they were designed to run this voltage in the first place..i am thinking of putting my original mk IIc+ transformer back into it so it's running 110v instead of the custom wound 240v one..

Is the difference in tone that noticeable with the 240v transformer? I had wondered about that... I really want to change it because it's an extra hassle to lug around a step down transformer to gigs. Who did you get your one done through, and how much if I may ask?

I use a Step down 500 watts with my Mark IV and it works awesome, and personally I rather the amp stay originaly then get its internals changed
It's an A from 91 XD
#2408 or something :p

Latest posts

Back