Controlling feedback from my dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
It's not mic'ed

I get a lot of feedback when I'm jamming w/ the master volume at about 12 o clock

the gain is at 2 o clock so I don't think it's too much gain.

any ideas?

What kind of pickups are you using? If you have a hotter mid-spiked pickup like an EMG or something its going to do that! Isnt that what you want though? Maybe try backing off your guitar volume or stading further away from the amp with your strings pointed away from the cab when you have it up that loud untill you want it to scream....then the beauty of it is that all you have to do is turn around to get it to do that! :twisted:

If you're getting that much feedback you need to roll down your guitar volume, you'll find that you get the same tone but it's less crazy.

ChrisRocksUSA said:
It's not mic'ed

I get a lot of feedback when I'm jamming w/ the master volume at about 12 o clock

the gain is at 2 o clock so I don't think it's too much gain.

any ideas?

Well, it is kinda loud, don't ya think? I would expect feedback, depending on proximity! :roll:

Micah said:
What kind of pickups are you using? If you have a hotter mid-spiked pickup like an EMG or something its going to do that! Isnt that what you want though? Maybe try backing off your guitar volume or stading further away from the amp with your strings pointed away from the cab when you have it up that loud untill you want it to scream....then the beauty of it is that all you have to do is turn around to get it to do that! :twisted:

yeah I was using an EMG equipped guitar, I'll dry my other guitar out thanks.

Latest posts

Back