Contour not working (DC-2) - troubleshooting help??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_SF

Reaction score
Hi -- first post here:

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with a newly-acquired Studio Caliber DC-2. It's a later version of the model, with the Contour function -- but Contour doesn't seem to be working.

Rhythm and Lead modes both sound great so far. However, when I switch from Lead to Contour mode using either the footswitch (with the switch on the amp in the middle ("FTSW"/"LEAD") position) or the switch on the amp (with footswitch disconnected), I cannot detect any difference in sound from the regular Lead mode.

I don't believe it's a problem with the footswitch, since the Contour LED on it lights up and I have the same issue when switching using the switch on the amp.

Any suggestions on things to check before taking the amp in to a tech? I'm not likely to try messing with the internals much: I can do some minor parts replacement and wiring mods on a handwired amp like my old silverface Princeton Reverb, and I can discharge caps without electrocuting myself, but I'm not really experienced working on PC-board amps. But if there are some basic things to check such as the integrity of connections, any troubleshooting tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back