Considering trade Express 5:25 for a DC-10 head.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockboy999

Reaction score
Have a chance to trade an Express 5:25 combo for a DC10 Head. Played a Studio Caliber .22 and loved it. Considering the DC10 for the heavy crunch. Can I play blues,Jazz, and rock on the Caliber as well. Opinions appreciated?

I really enjoy my DC-10 head and find it to be pretty versatile. Clean channel can be spanky clean or with a a little hair. I like running the clean channel just below the point of showing any hair and use an overdrive to push it. The pulled gain knob is also pretty cool sounding but can get loud. I've used the amp for classic rock, country, smooth jazz, disco, funk, R&B as well has hard rock and never felt I was lacking anything. I like my lead channel's gain lower, around 5, and again use an overdrive to push it as well. On the clean channel with gain no more than 5, mid around 3, treble around 5-6 and bass 4-5 I have an ear splitting amount of clean headroom.

Yes you can use this amp for the styles you listed. It took me more than 10 years to fully understand the amp so really take your time to toy around with the settings and I'm sure you'll find it amazingly versatile.

Latest posts

Back