Combo box options for LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help! I own an LSC in the oversize 1x12 combo cab. I have gotten to that age where I need to "lighten the load". Have heard that my chassis would fit in the older Boogie combo boxes but Mesa says they stopped making them last year. Anyone know if my chassis would fit in an Express 5:25 or 5:50 12" combo box? I have looked at a short head and the new rack/chassis stuff Mesa sells, but would prefer to stay with as small a combo configuration as I can get. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR!!!!!

These are options the already included the amp inside, but are good rare options that you might want to consider...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200327842665

and...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180344638328

Especially the second one.

Even if they don't make the compact 1x12" Lonestar combos, I bet they still can make you a compact Lonestar cabinet if you order one. Here's a thread on this subject with some pics:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34201

Thank you guys for the response. I did see the thread mentioned, and that is where I saw the Lonestar in a woodgrain compact cabinet. I have considered the short head option and the rack, but I am stubborn and picky. I had a Blues Jr and LOVED the size and weight. I am just holding out hope that something will work. I am wondering if my chassis would fit in an Express 5:50 or 5:25 combo cab. I just called Mesa and left a message. By the way Mike Taylor is an awesome help and has always been very courteous and pleasant no matter how strange my questions have been. I am still open to suggestions.

LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR!!!

rustyvandewege said:
Thank you guys for the response. I did see the thread mentioned, and that is where I saw the Lonestar in a woodgrain compact cabinet. I have considered the short head option and the rack, but I am stubborn and picky. I had a Blues Jr and LOVED the size and weight. I am just holding out hope that something will work. I am wondering if my chassis would fit in an Express 5:50 or 5:25 combo cab. I just called Mesa and left a message. By the way Mike Taylor is an awesome help and has always been very courteous and pleasant no matter how strange my questions have been. I am still open to suggestions.

LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR!!!

Yes, I believe it will fit just fine. However, I think only Mesa can answer that with 100% certainty. IF it will fit (I can't see a reason why not, as they're both basically the same chassis design, there should be no reason for the mounting screws to be placed differently), the only difference will be that the grille isn't flat on the Express cabinets. It'll stick out a bit, with that smoth transition from the amps front panel, which personally I think is a very nice touch as opposed to the flat grille on that compact hardwood Lonestar combo.

Well crud. Just heard from Mesa. They said the Lonestar chassis is too deep for the Express cab. Back to the drawing board. May have a friend of mine build a combo cab for my beloved "Elmer the Blue Pig". Lol. Gotta say not only did Mesa call me back the same day, they even called after their regular hours!!!! How often does ANY company do that for their customers???? They are great. Anyway if anyone thinks of anything, please chime in.

"Elmer the Blue Pig" is:
Mesa Lonestar Classic 1x12 Oversize Cab
EVM 12L Classic Speaker (As it says, "it IS the GREATEST speaker in the world!" into 4ohm jack
2 Mesa 6V6 tubes in middle sockets
2 THD YellowJackets w/ 2 Mesa EL84 tubes in outside sockets

LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR!!!!

The LSC *will* fit into a LSS cabinet for sure (i've done it) but the weight difference is not enough for that to be the only reason to make the change. i suggest splitting the combo into a head & cab config.

good luck.

rustyvandewege said:
Help! I own an LSC in the oversize 1x12 combo cab. I have gotten to that age where I need to "lighten the load". Have heard that my chassis would fit in the older Boogie combo boxes but Mesa says they stopped making them last year. Anyone know if my chassis would fit in an Express 5:25 or 5:50 12" combo box? I have looked at a short head and the new rack/chassis stuff Mesa sells, but would prefer to stay with as small a combo configuration as I can get. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR!!!!!

Latest posts

Back