Check these Mark IV settings out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was tweeking my mark IV a while ago and I came up with these settings ( I was using a strat on this )

Lead Gain- 7
Treble - 8.5
Bass -2
Mid - 2
Lead Drive - 8 Pulled
Presence - 0 Pulled
Master - 5

Here's a picture of the EQ

Harmonics
Triode
Class A
Tweed Power

I posted it up on the database without the EQ, so give it a try, tell me what you guys think. Also - I like to roll down some of the tone knobs on my strat.

A friend of mine uses those settings on his studio preamp.
He uses a '62 jaguar and '64 mustang with it.
sounds cool with those guitars.

Btw, your amp is a Mark IV A(pre 93/94) for certain now i saw your pic.

The low edge of the faceplate would be rounded if it was a B.

That's a MK IV B- the lead voicing and Graphic EQ switches are on the front panel :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

Nick_cor said:
can anyone else try these settings and tell me what they think!

hello Nick_cor,

I'm going to try those settings out tomorrow morning and get back to you. I take it that the master volume at 5 is the channel volume. What's the output volume at?

Thanks Michel

mrmax said:
That's a MK IV B- the lead voicing and Graphic EQ switches are on the front panel :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

Are you sure I have a mark IV B because the harmonic / mid gain switch yuo talk about is on the back of the amp on a short head , but on the medium head it's infront of the amp.

Contact Boogie , give them your serial #... I'm pretty sure it's a MK IV B...contact them ,maybe we'll all learn something. Cheers! Happy Holidays, mrmax :wink: :wink: 8) 8)

One more thing ,does it have a Satellite out jack? If it does it's definitely a MK IV B. :eek: :eek: 8) 8)

mrmax said:
One more thing ,does it have a Satellite out jack? If it does it's definitely a MK IV B. :eek: :eek: 8) 8)

It's not a mark IV B :wink: I know for sure, there is no satellite out and other then that theres nothing else you can tell besides of the rounded faceplate, thanks AART, anyways thanks everyone!

michelj said:
Nick_cor said:
can anyone else try these settings and tell me what they think!

hello Nick_cor,

I'm going to try those settings out tomorrow morning and get back to you. I take it that the master volume at 5 is the channel volume. What's the output volume at?

Thanks Michel

Hello Nick_cor,

I don't have a strat but I tried out the settings you provided anyways. I'm using a PRS Custom 24 and that gave me too much distortion for my taste, a little bit less on pickup positions (rotary settings ) 2 and 4 but still too much. I roll back the volume just a bit on the guitar so I can always dime it to get a little bit more distortion if needed.

My current LD channel settings are

gain 5.5 pull fat
treble 6
bass 4
mid 3
drive 6.5 not pulled
presence 3 pulled
master volume 2.5

output level 5.5

eq (using 1,2, and 3 to indicate lower, middle and upper lines) 2.5,2,1.5,2,2.5 v shape but not drastic v shape

Class A, triode and harmonics on tweed power.

I'm currently satisifed with those but this amp is so much fun tweaking that I'm sure it's going to change again.

Take care and Best of the Season,

Michel

Thank you Michel for trying the settings out. I find with the strat , with cheap stock pickups that the distortion is just a bit over the edge, but it provides that edge, or that osmething that is missing from humbucker,s I like to use the tone controls alot... but thanks for the settings can't wait to fire the mark IV up again

Back