CAREFUL with those Casters.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastmile

Reaction score
:evil:

Word of caution.

Those **** caster can tip over your amp quite easily. Last night my mark III tipped over and it was enough to short the filaments in my 6L6GC. I was pulling the amp and a jack cord was in the way of the wheel.

when I opened the amp to test if it was damaged it came on. As soon as I flipped the standby to ON, the fuse blew because of a shortage in the powertubes. Two Power tubes, no big deal right - except that they were NOS RCA Black Plates that I had just recevied about 6 hours before.

It was the fist time I was putting them in.

I am depressed.

Good advice, but I wish you knew it earlier. If I gig, I remove the casters and leave the combo in the lower half of the flight case. It has much better weight distribution than the trak-loks. My MK IV would tip if a gentle breeze blew though the window.

disassembled said:
I hope the widebodies have the weight more evenly distributed. Are the widebodies known for being "tipsy?"

Greg

Bastage. :D

That's a sweet amp. IMO, the fat boys have much better balance. The standard chassis like to fall backwards due to the transformers and speaker magnet. It's basically an expensive weeble wobble...

I was just rolling my Mark IV short combo down the hall and for some reason the casters hung up on the carpet and I almost rolled it end over end. I was lucky I was paying attention. The little combo is pretty much subject to tipping as was said earlier because of its weight distribution.

That sucks, sorry for your loss man.

My stiletto combo seems pretty sturdy but I don't want to put it to the test :p

Yeah, I am about to put the chassis back in my head shell. This combo is getting to be too heavy to be carrying up and down the stairs all the time. :( This way I can trip on the carpet instead and not only have the amp fall but get a faceful of it too. :lol:

Back