Can't get reverb to work...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danjel

Reaction score
So... My MkV was finally delivered and sounds awesome! Something is wrong though... I can't for my life, get the reverb to work. I have turned the pots on the rear, turned the rev on the pedal, tried without the pedal, and checked the individual channels. NOTHING. Anyone have an issue with the reverb? Anything I can do myself to self diagnose? :evil:

Have you checked the wires going into the reverb pan? Maybe on of them came out/loose during shipping and is not all the way connected?

Better call Mesa.

I've owned my Mark V for just over 2 years, and the reverb circuit has died twice on me. (In fact, it died for the second time just two weeks ago.)

Mesa amps are known for being extremely reliable. I'm curious, though, whether the Mark V is a little too much like a BMW--high performance, high precision, but easily broken.

Ha ha! Funny you should mention BMW....
I work there...
I wonder what it actually is that breaks?

Danjel said:
Ha ha! Funny you should mention BMW....
I work there...

What do you do for BMW?

I nearly bought a 3 series sedan a few months ago, but the poor reliability ratings scared me off.

If it has just been shipped, the reverb's springs may be off their hooks. To check this you have to disconnect the black and white wires, remove the bag with reverb, take the reverb tank out of the bag and then unsrew it from the plywood board. If the springs came off the hooks, reattach. If the hooks are broken, then I think a replacement reverb tank is needed.

I fixed it! Dismantled the reverb unit and opened it up. One of the wires had broken off it's solder point. Now it works like a charm! 8)

Latest posts

Back