Canadian Mark V? (Update)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
Hey fellow Canadians. Any idea what the price at Long & McQuade is for a Mark V head or combo? I have to start negotiating with Santa Claus. What has been your experience with waiting times?

Thanks!

About $2400 for either head or combo.

Not sure where you are located, but L&M Markham and also North York should have one or two sometime in the middle of December.

2350$ in Montreal for a head. They charge more for the combo. The difference depends on the cdn/us exchange rate. Expect a 150$ dif.

I called my Long & McQuade (Moncton, NB) this afternoon and my guy quoted me $2350 for the head and $2460 (ish) for the combo. I put a deposit on a combo.

That's what I like about L&M. Their prices fluctuate with the US dollar. Their prices are a little over US coverted to Canadian but just enough to hedge their risk. They're amazing for a chain store.

Now to sell of my Dual Rec cab and other stuff!

JimmyB said:
theroan said:
L&M $2500 Head, $2650 Combo.
Old price at the old exchange rate. :wink: Current L&M price for the head is $2,350. :)

Jacko123 said:
I called my Long & McQuade (Moncton, NB) this afternoon and my guy quoted me $2350 for the head and $2460 (ish) for the combo. I put a deposit on a combo
[/quote]

Congratulations!!!!!! :D

Double check that they have it in stock. Otherwise, if they can't find it in canada, you'll be waiting FOREVER!

yeah it took me 6 months of calling 5 diffrent long and mcquades dalily till i found mine in burlington. Didnt even have the money for it but i had to get it its the mark v best thing ive played and ive owned many amps before.

I was surprised that my L&M actually had one on the floor for 3 days. I'm unloading my Dual Rec now so I'll have the bucks for when it shows up. I play a lot on my X3 and studio monitors so I won't be without sound.

pathos45 said:
yeah it took me 6 months of calling 5 diffrent long and mcquades dalily till i found mine in burlington. Didnt even have the money for it but i had to get it its the mark v best thing ive played and ive owned many amps before.

My guy at Long & McQuade called their rep and was told it takes about 6-8 weeks from the date of order to come in. They're being shipped right off the production line. That means 4-6 weeks before I get mine. I put a 10% down so it won't end up on the floor and sold.

I ended up selling my Dual Rectifier (3Ch) on Ebay for $1,450 US! I was hoping for $1200 at best. I put it up at $1,450US "Buy it Now or Best Offer". 13 hours later I had it sold; didn't even need to negotiate. I sold my 2x12 Recto cab for $450 that afternoon locally. I sold my THD Hot Plate for $225US. That's close to $2,200 Canadian. The Mark V Combo will be $2,800, taxes in. I also sold some pedals I wasn't using. When there's a will, there's a way.

I'm a big boy ... I can wait. I might even learn how to play guitar in the interim. lol

Latest posts

Back