can you tell what model this is?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan

Reaction score
on the link below, check out the "amp" folder on the left and the photo should come up. can you tell which model it is? I'm not very knowledgable about all of the mesa gear, but I don't recall one that has a simul-class switch on the front. thanks for the help.

http://www.shutterbook.com/albums/busdriverstu

Not exactly sure, but it appears to be an early stab at the Simulclass. It doesn't appear to be a MkIII because it doesn't have the 2nd Rhythm channel, so I am guessing that it is a MkII Simulclass (I didn't know such a beast existed.)

thanks guys! this one is for sale locally for $850. What is the going rate for a IIC+ with no EQ and no reverb. He claims it's switchable from 60/120 watts. If I bought this one it would really only be if it's a great deal that I can't pass up. I know the fully loaded IIc+'s have been going for outlandish prices on ebay...

I think that is a good price.

I don't think it is accurate to say it goes from 60/120. Boogie had a half power switch that went from 60/120. The Simulclass option goes from class A/B to pure class A which is something like 90/30. I am probably not explaining it correctly but the point is there are two different power amp schemes available in the MKIIC+. The Simulclass uses the outside pair of tubes in a class A configuration which makes them less powerful then the outside tubes in the standard class A/B 60/120 power section. The Simulclass sounds different because of this difference. I have one of each and I like the sound of both of them.

Latest posts

Back