Can you rack-mount a regular DC-series or MarkIV head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEVEL4

Reaction score
I have a Mesa/Boogie DC-3 that I would like to rack-mount. I missed out on getting a rack-mount verison of a Mark IV on Ebay because I was too f*cking cheap, and got the DC-3 instead. Is there a way to pull the DC-3 chassis and mount it to a standard 5U or whatever rack enclosure? Or is it a special rack-mount enclosure, only made by Mesa (which is probably out of production).

Yup, it's only available from Mesa (or eBay, etc.). Fits any short chassis. You'll need a 4U rack case, minimum.

CB.RM (F) Rackmount kit
$179 w/o fan, $209 with.

Go here:
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/harac.html

MrMarkIII said:
Yup, it's only available from Mesa (or eBay, etc.). Fits any short chassis. You'll need a 4U rack case, minimum.

CB.RM (F) Rackmount kit
$179 w/o fan, $209 with.

Go here:
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/harac.html
Wow! Thanks for that link! I've been looking all over for that part! That's cool that I can get one with a fan, too! By the way, do you know if the rackmount version of the Mark IV came with a black, metal plate on its front panel, instead of the standard grille-cloth front plate (and where would you find one of those)? I would prefer a black metal plate, since I think grille-cloth would just look funny in a rackmount set-up.

Pretty sure they're all metal fronts on the rack adapter. This is the only one Mesa makes.
Call the Mesa Hollywood store, they may have some.

MrMarkIII said:
Pretty sure they're all metal fronts on the rack adapter. This is the only one Mesa makes.
Call the Mesa Hollywood store, they may have some.
Thanks again! So, as far as you know, is the metal cover plate included with the rackmount kit, or is that another part I'd have to order separately? I'll call Mesa tomorrow or stop by the Hollywood store on my way home from work next week sometime.

Yeah, it's included. It's four pieces: front, two sides with rack ears, and a top plate that covers the open chassis.

Latest posts

Back