Can the F-series do Metal/Metalcore?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since this in in refrence to f-series in gonna chime in with my f-30..which i think has some killer distortion and alot of chunk in it. I know it runs diffrent tubes than the f-50, and have not had the oportunity to playt he f-50 so i really cant compare.

Maybe i havent been exposed to much but i think the gain in the f-30 is through the roof!

Hell yeah, the F50 can do metal. I get the sound I want from this bad ************.

I play mostly old school thrash. It nails it baby!

And I use an EQ in the loop for solo boost.

exactly... if old school metal is ur deal then they work great. those guys didn't use as much gain as newer guys do like in a metalcore situation. but i think j37nm is right on with the closed cab thing. that helps out alot.

I have only had my F-50 for a week but I have been doing a bit of experimenting. I can get near a nu metal sound with an EQ on the input, taking out the bass frequencies (to get rid of the flub and help the palm mutes) and an EQ in the loop boosting the bass back up and scooping it a little.

That said I am still looking for a death metal pedal to try, since I only occasionally use that sound. Mostly I set the amp up for cleans and medium jazz distortions. I cannot say enough how happy I am with the way the amp covers these sounds. It is so incredibly smooth and warm. It does take a bit of learning, and an EQ in the loop for me though. I have not gotten much sleep this week.

I don't like the F series for high-gain and I'm not in love with any of the clips posted so far. But, this F-50 clip is real nice. No doubt the best F series clip I've heard for high gain. This is just the amp, mic'ed into a PC with some compression and delay added on the PC. It's not my clip. Found it on the Petrucci forum.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/ojakola/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20F50%20Sneak%20Peaker.mp3

Here's another nice F-50 clip.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/ojakola/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20Building%20The%20Mood.mp3

Latest posts

Back