Can Mark IV do Mark 1 tones?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm thinking about buying a Mark IV. Can it do Mark 1 tone? I'm looking for a versatile amp that can go from Santana to Petrucci.

The MKIV is an amazing amp. It is to the vintage Mesas what the Road King is to the Modern Mesas

I would think Mark IV would do more than Mark I, especially in the high gain arena. But, Mark I's uniqueness is its Ch. 2 which is the "original" boogie voice which I just love, especially with a Strat. Plus, with my Keeley modified Dist. 1 and Blues Driver the Mark I is very versatile!!! I love this little amp, and it's also very powerful (100/60) and cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter.

As I have ranted on and on about on another thread - yes, a MKIV will do MKI sounds - I only dialled in one of the sample settings and there it was Abraxxas in full glory.....with a Strat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enigma,

I am a bit curious as to what make the channel 2 of the Mark I the original boogi sound?
To me it i the opposite and also stated in the manual. The original boogie "voice" is the super supped up Channel 1.
Am i missing something? Please elaborate...

Thanks

And yes, i own a Mark I reissue. (And I am thinking of getting a Studio 22 because this amp just doesn't sound good at low/medium volumes, if you are looking for clean glassy , creamy distortion)

Back