Can I play a Dual Recto in my bedroom??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive sound!

Really dry and the distortion in heavy and dark! Very cool!

Is it at low volumes?

BLAKK:JAKK;)

How about a Rectifier recording pre-amp now and add the power amp later when you need it?

I've heard rumors of the Recto Pre not being as good as the Recto head when playing with a poweramp/cab.

Think it'd be better to check this out before spending big cash. Don't think it's worth to spend that money for a direct recording box, unless you're a professional (or, of course, you got lots of money :) )

BLAKK_JAKK said:
Impressive sound!

Really dry and the distortion in heavy and dark! Very cool!

Is it at low volumes?

I don't know how loud it was, I didn't record it.

The person just said that it was the loudest he could get the amp without having any clipping from the microphone. I'm assuming it was pretty low volumes, since the mic was only $5.

like i said before, your heart may be set on the rectifier, but as an owner i wouldn't recommend it to a person who wants to play trash and solos...it's simply not what the amp was made for. the mark4 was definately made for that and more...my opinion only...

Consider this.........your ibanez amp is 15 watts. have you ever cranked that thing to its loudest? i have a 15 watt amp and a recto i notch down to 50w thru a 4x12. i have to put my recto louder than the 15watter to get good tones that satisfy me. if you don't crank the 15 watter to not even half, i would seriously consider another amp. if you crank the 15watter to about 8-10, you just might be able to get away with the 100watter. if you ever crank the 15watter to anything semi-loud and think it's too loud or people complain, a 100w is not suited for you at this time. i generally run my master level at around 10-1030 oclock and the bass chugs can be heard at the other side of the house. my brother comes in from playing outside complaining im too loud....so the other day i engaged the solo/output feature and ran that at 9oclock and had the master on 3ch at 12. tone was amazing, but the neighbors outside heard me standing in their front yard. this is a loud amp! volume has to be around 930-10 to get really good tones, and at this level it's really loud. i hope i'm not being too harsh here, but i'm trying to be as honest as possible. good luck!

CudBucket said:
"Low" is subjective. We need to know the actual volume settings.

Well it obviously wasn't practice or gigging volumes. I would think that it would not take much for a $5 microphone to start clipping. My guess is loud TV volumes.

definitley the wrong amp to get for home jamming... these amps come to life cranked in a live setting and you really sell the amp short at low volumes... try an f-30..or even a nice solid state or modeller

Maybe I'll go for an F-50

bah..I don't care....it must sound really cool! I'm sure it can handle lamb of god and pantera....

My F-50 got to the store today, im gonna pick it up monday. Ill be playing mostly in my 2 room apartment and I will be doing some giging at clubs.

barneyc4 said:
My F-50 got to the store today, im gonna pick it up monday. Ill be playing mostly in my 2 room apartment and I will be doing some giging at clubs.

HEY!!!

Please...When you try it...Tell me what you think!

A complete review would be nice...:D

Tone, which bands can you play, reliability, distortion, controls, EQ etc

Please man..It would be awesome

Thanks!

BLAKK_JAKK, no problem. Ill let you know man.

I did my purchase based on the F-30. I have never played an F-50, but from what I hear it has more headroom and a warmer sound, so I went right ahead and bought it + I would not mind the extra 20 WATS and the blackshadow!

hi black jakk, and barneyc4 BTW :)
I have a single recto and a f-30. Living in an appartment as well. Playing my f-30 home, and the recto at rehearsals and when gigging. The idea of buying a f-50 is not bad! It definitely has got more headroom than the f-30, so i think gigging with it won't be a problem. It will be a problem with the f-30! NOT enough headroom! The f-50 is not a recto, but can sound pretty close. The f-50 can play very loud, but still sound good at reasonable volume. I think you need to check out the Harmony Central Amp Forum. There is a thread about the f-series! It is LOOOONG (100 pages!!), and is full of good info on the f-series! search for "lounge", and it will show up. There is a guy that have recorded their new prog album with the f-50, called Tommy Inkila. Check it out at www.scenerychannel.com
There is also some kind of trick using two jacks to make the loop-control a kind of "attenuator". Don't know if it works for the recto's :roll:
B.r. andershoeg

Hey andershoeg!
Was it you that posted your band's website with songs recorded with your F-30? They sound awesome.

Anyway you are right, the F-50 is a better buy if you plan on playing at gigs. The Harmony Central F-Series Lounge is what convinced me hahaha.

Dammnnnn.. Are those really recorded with an F-50? I can't believe Im getting that sound.

Hi barneyc4; yes it was probably me refering to our homepage www.frangoheep.dk
The songs from the "dynamo"-demo (the first 5 songs in the player located to the left of the site) is the f-30 exclusively. (Btw, the last five songs is our first demo, and all guitars was recorded with my (haven't got it anymore) Triaxis + 2:90. Just if you are interested :wink: )

the mainsettings were this: http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/andershoeg/?action=view&current=DSC00857.jpg

(cannot figure out how to make a link, therefor this long one :? )
B.R. andershoeg

awesome im gonna try them when I get my amp!

How is the reverb on the F-Series? I forgot to try that. Is thick and rich? If its good ill just remove my BOSS reverb from my pedalboard to make more room.

well, i dont use the reverb. but i think its ok. im just not very much into the reverb-thing :wink: so i can't give you a qualified answer to that.
B.R. andershoeg

Lol

So the F-50 is awesome for bedroom practice and gigging?

OK

I'll try to forget that Dual Recto :?

EDIT: I'll have a look on that thread on harmony centrall too

Thanks for the info

Back