Can a Mark IV sound as aggressive as a Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am more partial towards CFH myself. VDoP was just an extension of CFH to me.

So does anyone know what caused Dime to get huge fat? I never heard nor thought about it til just now. He was pretty skinny back during CFH. Was it just the booze and bad diet?

10 beer's a day doesn't help..and i don't think he was one of those gym guy's or jogging...

i am just about to buy a mk III blue stripe..i will be able to do a A/B test between the III and IV...i really can't want to hear it..

Bluesman said:
rabies said:
Schmoog said:
well, as far as metallica goes, theyre best tone in my opinion is when they were using the IIC's and leaving the mids in. black album when the scooped the mids the tone sucked. god I wish james never switched to the dual rec.....

what's gay is when they started pulling that orchestra bullshit. wtf is that? pantera never did any gay sh!t like that.
Yeah, but Dude, Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power made Metallica's Master of Puppets sound like Celine Dion!

Just remember, heavier doesn't necessarily equate to better. There are far more "heavier" metal albums than Master of Puppets (take anything by Pantera or Machine Head, for instance) but for sheer musicality and vision Metallica in their glory days were second to none.

As for playing with an orchestra, Metallica's music always held certain similarities to orchestrally arranged music. Just think of the development section in Master of Puppets (the best part of the song IMO), the intro to Battery, and the melodic counterpoint of 'One'. I think Metallica's music benefited from the scope of an orchestral arrangement, and after all, all music is intrinsically linked in essence.

As for the tone of the Mark IV, the Master of Puppets and the Black Album rhythm tones are easily accomplished on lead channel.

Back