Calling Dimarzio Junkies / Ducanites need not apply

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky said:
THe SS is a good pickup. In a bright guitar Tone Zones are nice pickups.....I am really into mids these days.

i totally agree, when i bought my destroyer used the previous owner had a tone zone in it. it was WAY too muddy, i popped a steve's special in and fell in love with the sound. but in my RG3120 or my cheap ltd f-50 the tone zone was the perfect match.

Back to the original topic.

I have a guitar with super distortions in both neck and bridge and a Strat with the HS in neck and bridge positions.

Imho the SDs and the HSs wont compliment each other at all.

The super distortions are a high output pickup and the HSs are a low output pickup and sound totally different also.

Malmsteen himself has said he prefers the amp to add the overdrive not the pickup and that is true with the HS but the SD is the other way round,it will drive the amp really well.

I most probably will get flamed but I have guitars set up with both sets of pups and they are like night and day,unless that is the effect you are going for.

Good luck,let us know how you get on.

Back