Calling all Coliseum owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mark series Coliseum amp(s) do you own?

• Mark IIB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark IIC

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Mark IIC+

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Mark III

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
hey ... nothing recent. this may give you an idea though ...

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

cheerio
R

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time posting. Just saw this topic and figured I'd finally jump in. I have C+, K397, it has reverb and no EQ.

gts said:
Nice!
And a 4x12 to go along with it! A perfect setup for a Coli.
Thanks! The 4x12 has the C90s is the top and EVs in the sealed bottom. The only downside is living in a NYC apartment and not being able to use it the way it's supposed to be used. LOUD! :cry:
I have a Ho Electronics custom attenuator for it that helps, but it's just not the same as cranking it. It really moves some serious air opened up!

Just curious, I was searching to find out exactly what was printed on the missing sticker for my Limit knob (found it) and wondered if the Limit knob was standard on all Mk Coliseums?

mesaboogie6L6 said:
The limiter might be standard for a IIc+, not an option for III's.
Thanks. I thought it was a weird thing when I first got the amp. Hadn't seen that on any others before.

gts said:
I've only seen the limit knob on IIC and IIC+ Coli's.
Mike B made some comment about the Limit knob having some sort of unique or special effect on those amps that have it.
Wish I could remember what it is he said but do remember it's effect was more than just turning down aka 'limiting' the output.
That's right. He said the same thing to me when I sent it to him for a complete refresh a couple of years ago. This probably isn't exactly correct, but as I remember it, he said it did something to the effect of it behaving sort of like a master volume/attenuator because the amp was able to run a higher current at a lower volume. He said this was a secret to some guys getting crazy gain out of it rather than it merely being a tool for lowering the volume (though it did that too). I believe he said it wasn't really exactly a master or an attenuator, but sort of acted like that (the "unique or special effect"). I might not have that precisely correct, but it was something like that. Increased gain was definitely discussed in the conversation. He was an awesome guy. Really helpful.
ok... now I need to play with the limit knob...

cool stuff...when I called Mike about a simul conversion, he told me to just mismatch my cab and turn the limit to 0 and "let that **** thing rip"... 8) thinking 'bout rentin' it out for use as one of those Sybian(sp.?) vibrators.. :)

Back