cabs...i know

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
its probably been discussed but here it is...i have a mark iv i play into a genz benz g flex. anyways yesterday i played a junk line 6 deal into some marshall 412. it was a little cab, av something or other. the point is it sounded good and was only $400. anyways, i need someone to tell me i either and crazy or to upgrade. which one is it?

No Marshall cab is an upgrade from GB. The Genz Benz stuff is GREAT! You're just used to it and the Line 6 sounded 'different.' ;)

well... i play trough a 1960bv (straight version of the av)... it sounds really great... way better than any lead version...

i still haven't try a mesa, bogner etc... 'caus it's not that easy to find those cabs 'round here... so, maybe they're better cabs, but i trust my ears and i can tell you that the 1960bv (and av that i try as well) sound really good for half of the price of a mesa etc...

+1

I use a Marshall 1960AV for the same reason as mentioned above(mesa = expensive and rare). I like it, but I want to get a mesa in the near future too.

Aart said:
+1

I use a Marshall 1960AV for the same reason as mentioned above(mesa = expensive and rare). I like it, but I want to get a mesa in the near future too.

yeah of course... but i won't trade a closed back for another one, even a mesa... the only ones that really want to have are the half-back, especialy the old one with the metal "i-don't-remember-the-english-word-for-that-thing-on-the-front-side-of-the-cab-that-protect-the-speaker" :lol:

yep... that's it... the grill... :roll:

sometimes i wonder if should not try to made one by myself and modify my 1960bv to an half open back...

Do not dishonor your boogie by putting it on a marshall

Have to disagree with that - both my mark iv's sound incredible with my old marshall 412 - i think it's a '76 or so. almost as good as with the one i used to have with the greenbacks in it. the one i have now has 75 watt celestions in it i think - haven't had it open in a while.

have never ran a boogie 412 so it might be better but the marshall sure is sweet sounding.

Latest posts

Back