Cab/Speaker and Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
siggy14 said:
It is all over the place, the traditional has a more focused mid range and tighter bottem end, however not as huge of a bottem end. As to different speakers, try putting mesa V30's up against real V30's and you will see the difference. Mesa had celestion make them with larger bottem end, less mid's.

One of my favorite cabs was a mesa traditional, next to my standard it just cut through alot better. Now I have a bogner uber cab which is also a great cab, nice and tight and focused.

disassembled said:
siggy14 said:
mesa traditional cab will be tighter and less woofy, comes with V30's. Also try other cabs as mesa have there V30's voiced slighty different

Where is that documented?

I was only referring to the V30 comment, sorry. The cab dimensions and build design are the factors for the difference in cabs, which I understand. Where is it documented that Celestion made a custom V30 for mesa? From my understanding the voice coils are premade and shared by many manufacturers (Celestion, Eminence, etc).

But, if it is infact true that the V30 for Mesa is a specially ordered one then it must be documented somewhere and not just heresay.

Brentsp said:
After owning numerous amps :roll: including Bogner Uber, XTC, Shiva, Engl PB, VHT UL, Roccaforte HG, Aiken Sabre, Soldano SLO and 4 Dual Rectos I'm now back to owning a recto again; they just seem to fit me better for my needs.

One thing thats been a constant battle for me though, is finding the right cab and speaker for it. I had a standard recto 412 in the past and became tired of the lack of clarity and woofy tone with V30s. I remember really liking the tone of it with my 3/4 112 C90 loaded cab the best. I figured my best bet this time would be a recto 412 loaded with C90s. Well I did just that and its ok but I think these speakers like to be in a open back encloser instead of a sealed.

I recently played my amp through a friends Orange 412 cab loaded with V30s and loved it. I'm kinda temped to go back to V30s in my recto cab now :shock: :roll:

DUDE ORANGE IS THE ONY THING I USE!!!! THEY MAKE MESA'S MEANER!

I would say try it again, sounds like the uber was not biased right, i say this on experience.

I currently own a uber, and compared to Recto's it does not have as much bass, it is also tigther then a dual and there is more definition.

With that being said I had a 3 channel dual and a G-flex and it sounded great, not as good as a mesa 4x12 Traditional, but it did sound great.

I know this is a mesa board, but i am tired of people slapping around the uber. Truth be told i have owned almost every recto under the sun, currently have R0005, and with that being said the uber is just a tighter amp, smoother distortion and more gain. If you play an uber and find it muddy then more then likley you have either a bad biased one, or you do not know how to EQ it right.

Now, dont think i am putting the recto down, it is its own beast, the recto has more bass, and well the recto is brutal and has its own unique voicing that you just cant get out of any other amp, and that is what makes it so great!

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I played an Uberschall through a 2x12 g-flex...

Maybe not a completely fair trial, but I HATED it.....mudd and bass...that's all I heard....no punch, cut, or crunch, just bass.....I pushed the amp, and EQed like no other, but nothing...

Then again, that might not be a good combo...uber bass heavy amp + uber bass heavy cab can not be good.

Shep, can you elaborate on why you like Orange over Mesa cabs? I've been looking into getting one.

Cab design is just as important as speakers. If you said you love the sound of your recto with you're friends orange cab loaded with v30's then GET THAT! It seems that rather than asking for cab suggestions for a particular type of sound, you're asking for what sounds like an orange with v30's because you love it. If that sounded great to you, then get it. (not trying to be rude, I am just not sure why you're looking when you found something that seems to work great for you).

Latest posts

Back