C+ on eBay...bid $4,650...Why?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfarnell

Reaction score
There's a Mark IIC+ for sale on eBay. It has Simuclass, reverb, but no EQ. It has the export tranny.

The bidding is up over $4,650. Is this because of the export tranny or because the seller is willing to ship internationally?

The price seems way steep.

remember guys, US$5100 is a hell of lot less to a European today than it was last year... and that's around half what you'd pay for a new Roadster.

The auction may be fishy, but a European buyer bidding $5K on a IIC+ doesn't strike me as that strange.

Okay, maybe so, but a bidder with no history inflating the price smells a little strange to me. I've been watching the Mark series on ebay alot lately...I've seen things...

Sorry, but it's not even worth half that price IMO. Ok, so it's considered the "Holy Grail" of tone. But honestly, I don't think it's really that much better than say, a MKIV. At least it's only negligible differences.

CoG said:
remember guys, US$5100 is a hell of lot less to a European today than it was last year... and that's around half what you'd pay for a new Roadster.

The auction may be fishy, but a European buyer bidding $5K on a IIC+ doesn't strike me as that strange.

Exactly. Too many people just don't get ebay, and so many are so scared of international shipping simply because they dont understand it. If you have an export tranny on ANYTHING.. well you know. Oh, and the high bids are REAL bidders and right here on our soil. I did get rid of the zero feedback bidder, so i'm sorry to disappoint some of you but its legit! ;)

Woodyboogie said:
... Too many people just don't get ebay, and so many are so scared of international shipping simply because they dont understand it...

+1,000

... And for those of you "sour-grapes" that decry this amp as "not worth it", let me assure you that it is exactly worth the price for which it sells.
That is why it's called a "free market".
Good luck on the sale, WB!

MrMarkIII said:
Woodyboogie said:
... Too many people just don't get ebay, and so many are so scared of international shipping simply because they dont understand it...

+1,000

... And for those of you "sour-grapes" that decry this amp as "not worth it", let me assure you that it is exactly worth the price for which it sells.
That is why it's called a "free market".
Good luck on the sale, WB!

funny thing....most evey amp I have ends up sounding the same way. I have a sound in my head and I seem to find it eventually with anything I buy or have. I am a bit particular and do buy decent amps that are capable of great sounds... BUT i am very afraid that a Mark II c+ would be wasted if I had it. I would try and try to make it sound like everything else I use. That my friend is one thing that keep me truly afraid of having one. I plan to have one some day but I hold this fear deeply. LOL

GIG4FUN said:
MrMarkIII said:
Great! Just what I needed, another reason to be depressed! :D

???????
$200 amp or $2000 amp, no matter what I play through, I always sound like me.
Oh, well, I'll just have to struggle on with my Boogies.
It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :wink:

MrMarkIII said:
GIG4FUN said:
MrMarkIII said:
Great! Just what I needed, another reason to be depressed! :D

???????
$200 amp or $2000 amp, no matter what I play through, I always sound like me.
Oh, well, I'll just have to struggle on with my Boogies.
It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :wink:

Zackly! I was hoping that was what you meant. True words... haha

I did get rid of the zero feedback bidder, so i'm sorry to disappoint some of you but its legit!

I stand behind what I said before, the auction is 'fishy'. It's good that you got rid of the zero feedback bidder, but would the auction be in your favor as much if that person weren't there in the first place?

No sour grapes here. I actually hope you do well, if it is really legit. I happen to own a IIC+, every bit as nice as this one. Luckily, I paid quite a bit less for mine.

There are many amps on there I see that are not really what is advertised. I was not saying the amp, or the price is bad. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I was just pointing out what I saw, that's all. I've seen many amps go through there just a nice as this one with no one bidding at all, and no where near the price. So, when I see a person with zero feedback inflating the price.....if it smells like a duck, if it looks like a duck....

Yeah, and if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it'll have the internal rhyme scheme too!

actually when you cancel a bidder all bids are removed and the auction goes back to as if he wasn't there. We'll see what happens. I do tons on ebay and usually one in ten zero feedbacks are trouble. Anything this pricey isnt worth the risk though

On another note, glad to be back on here, i lost my old password and cant seem to retrieve it, so i started over!

ok so who wants my other two c+'s with the tone sucking eq? ;)

anyone see this? Basically copied most of my auction.. down to the signature.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MarkIIC-amp-MKIIC-Mark2C-Mark-II-C_W0QQitemZ280238738653QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you wanna cry fish nows the time!

Steve

Back