C+ on eBay...bid $4,650...Why?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sold to a bidder with zero feedback who lives in the United Kingdom. So much for canceling the bids of bidders with zero feedback.

As far as the EQ sucking tone goes, the nicest sounding C+ I've had (I've owned five or six over the years, some with the full package and some with variations i.e. some had reverb, some had no eq, etc) was a 60 Watter with reverb and no eq. I now have two, one fully loaded with EQ, Simulclass, export tranny, reverb, but the 60 Watter sounded better IMO and so does the one i have with a 100/60 watt switch and reverb.

Personally, I like to control the preamp eq and never use the geq option on the one i own.

YMMV

sfarnell said:
It sold to a bidder with zero feedback who lives in the United Kingdom. So much for canceling the bids of bidders with zero feedback.

As far as the EQ sucking tone goes, the nicest sounding C+ I've had (I've owned five or six over the years, some with the full package and some with variations i.e. some had reverb, some had no eq, etc) was a 60 Watter with reverb and no eq. I now have two, one fully loaded with EQ, Simulclass, export tranny, reverb, but the 60 Watter sounded better IMO and so does the one i have with a 100/60 watt switch and reverb.

Personally, I like to control the preamp eq and never use the geq option on the one i own.

YMMV

A zero feedback bidder from overseas, would be sketchy, at best. Maybe he/she will pay for the amp.

As far as different versions of the C+ sounding better than another, I think that one must eliminate all possible variables. That means using the same guitar, tubes (where applicable), speakers, room, etc.... :D And having all the amps at the same time to switch between (this may be a bit difficult to accomplish). I've found "magic" in both my amps with very different settings (Simul and Class-A), and with or without the EQ activated. It all depended on what kind of sound that I was shooting for, at the time. As far as the statement about "most people's opinion" of the graphic EQ, I guess I'll have to agree to disagree about the tone suckage. :D

ruso said:
Sorry, but it's not even worth half that price IMO. Ok, so it's considered the "Holy Grail" of tone. But honestly, I don't think it's really that much better than say, a MKIV. At least it's only negligible differences.

+1 That's what I've been saying. Most I'd pay...and only because it's rare is about $2500...but realistically $2K...

The high price paid from an overseas bidder is due to these figures.

How many of you guys over the pond would pay the prices in the righthand column?

Amp-------------------------USA RRP----------UK RRP--------UK Price in Dollars

Express 5:25 1x10------$1150----------------£1099----------------$2157
Dual Rectifier--------------$1800----------------£1975----------------$3877
Tiaxis Preamp-------------$2000----------------£2095----------------$4113
Roadster 2x12-------------$2200----------------£2395----------------$4702
Roadking 2x12-------------$2950----------------£3495----------------$6861

It's not called "Rip-off" Britain for nothing you know...

i got my loaded c+ a few months ago with a matching cab for $5k aus. I can get a new mk iv rrp $4995. So i was quite happy with paying that much.

A road king's rrp is $7200.

sfarnell said:

Yeah that guy threw it the bid with under 30 seconds left..no response yet. I guess blocking 0fb bidders in ones profile only applies to future auctions.. i cancelled what was there though. Looks like a relist- as i pull foot from mouth..
i guess we'll see!

Woodyboogie said:
sfarnell said:

Yeah that guy threw it the bid with under 30 seconds left..no response yet. I guess blocking 0fb bidders in ones profile only applies to future auctions.. i cancelled what was there though. Looks like a relist- as i pull foot from mouth..
i guess we'll see!

do the second chance offer to the next in line if you don't hear anything in ten days.

Back