C+ is off to Mesa for feshening up (suggestions?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIG4FUN

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Last May I had them go through my Mark III and now I sent off my Mark II C+ for them to clean and freshen it up. I am having them build me a new headshell with reverb tank & fan as well. My C+ may need nothing, but I felt so darn good when I did this for my Mark III. I am thrilled "knowing" it's something they do for us guys. Nothing beats giving it up for a short time to get it back with their added touch. Mine is a factory C+ with the 105PT and 60/100.

My question for you pro C+ knowledables... ( ha-ha):

Is their a must do that you suggest while it is there? An upgrade or add-on that I wouldn't know about?
I love its sound/tone so I am not too keen on that kind of tweak so much as perhaps a "trick" much like I learned about with my Mark III getting the V2 mod.

Thank you guys,
gig

I would say just tell Mike to make it as stock as possible if it's ever had mods. Maybe get the caps redone if they're a little old. They won't clean the grime and dirt off it, but they'll do electronic work for sure.

Elpelotero said:
I would say just tell Mike to make it as stock as possible if it's ever had mods. Maybe get the caps redone if they're a little old. They won't clean the grime and dirt off it, but they'll do electronic work for sure.

Nice suggestion. Thank you.
I was very happy with their past work. I was told Mike B would be working on it too. I had read a few days ago a poster saying he retired. I am glad to say he'll be doing this one. He did my last one too. Gotta love their commitment. :)

Back