Buying my first boogie.... dc10?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkmavis

Reaction score
hi all, first id like to say, what a great forum! been looking on here for months and i must say it seems like a real freindly place. Well heres the flame part (braces self) i currently have a (gulp) line 6 vetta..... ive had it for 4 years now and its done me ok (i know, why spend all that money on digi when you can buy tubeys!) im finally really wanting to simplfy my setup and get a boogie! ive been looking locally and have found a dc10 combo thats close enough for me to go try, but i dont really know a lot about them. Had a look on here and you lot seem to rate them highly i play mainly indie rock stuff so a nice overdrive i swhat im after. (say g n r slash tone is as far as id go) but a really good clean is essential, i play a lot of 'airy' sounds (delay with a way pulled way back) think gilmour and were nearly there :D) anhoo, i really fancy trying the dc10 and wanted to know what kind of money should i be looking at? also any things i need to check to make sure its not beat up ect? thanks for reading my rambling and thanks for the advice :D)

chris :shock:

The DC10 combo in great shape will go between $850-900 and it will get you where you ned to be tonally; it's a twin reverb on steroids and like a recto/mk mix on the leads..

Make sure all of the controls work and are noise free. The pots should turn smoothly. Look for excessive wear ont eh bolts that hold the chassis in- these will tell you how often the amp was removed from the cabinet. You should be able to put th egain on 10 without squealing- in the head format at least.

Look up Monsta-Tone- he's the resident DC expert and has tons of wisdom.

thanks man, the amp has just been pat tested and sailed though it. it has the old mesa/boogie logo so how old woul dthat make it? he says hes had it 10 years and only played it the 1st 2 it looks pretty mint, if its ben sat dorman for 8 years will i need new tubes? or just warm em up for a while before i play it?

Get the DC-10 if you don't mind the weight. I have a DC-5 and love it. As for the age, I can tell you that with the DC-5's anyway the later models have metal power switches with a white box around the channel changing switch. To my knowledge, earlier models only have a footswitch for changing channels where the later models have a switch to also engage the EQ. Great feature if you want to use it as your boost.

The logo on my amp is the older Mesa/Boogie and the tolex is the more modern taurus finish instead of the older small dimple like finish. I have not heard from anyone who doesn't like the amp.

hehe weight wont be a problem, my 4 x 12 cab and head weighs a ton!!! i know it deffo has the eq switch, ill need it too (hehe) :roll:

Latest posts

Back