Building footswitch for Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all who want to build a switch for a Mark IV or quad or any amp with external switching jacks:

http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=14194_mesaswitch_122_8lo.jpg

You can control the channels with these, and the other functions with this one(add as much as you need):

http://img164.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=35207_ledje_122_67lo.jpg

Hope it helps someone.

You could add more than just two LED's, but you would need to supply your own power source (9V battery or adapter) to illuminate them.

I'm working on making a 4 switch box, lead/rhythm, rhythm 1/rhythm 2, EQ and Reverb.

I'm going to take it a step further with an LED for the lead channel on, LED for R1, LED for R2, as well as EQ and Verb. I

It will require using DPDT switches like a Carling 316-PP, as opposed to the SPST Carling 110-P. One set of poles will be wired for the actual amp switching functions. The other set will be used to source 9V to turn on the LED's according to the switches states.

An enclosure like a BUD CU-477 should house this nicely.

I am toying with sticking a fifth switch in there, if room accomodates it, to A/B out to my tuner. Not sure I want to drop the $$ for a Peterson Strobostomp, especially when there's nothing wrong with the tuner I've got. Mike Fuller @ Fulltone has a quiet A/B circuit on his website; I think it would do nicely.

Good luck

geoangus

yeah the dpdt switch are an idea if you want to run led power to all of them..

geoangus with your a/b switch you are thinking of where does your guitar single come from...are you going to pull your guitar into the pedal and then back out to the amp..?

Yes - I'd need to put the guitar into the pedal as well, with outs to the tuner and the chain to the amp. Space would be a definite consideration here. Those Peterson tuners look great, but I don't need all the tuning configurations it offers. My only requirement is a tuner with BFTS offsets, and for that my Korg DT-7 fits the bill. Maybe if I feel I have the extra $$ to burn, I'll pick up a Peterson.

in all honesty, drop the jing for the strobostomp. it is an absolutely INCREDIBLE tuner. I mean seriously awesome. I dont change the settings on it at all, I use the gtr temperament, and a half step drop but thats it. the thing is man, with the peterson temperaments, they really do help the tuning to sound sweet as hell. its way worth the 200 bucks.

oh, and if you actually do build that switch with the 5 leds, can you send me the circuit diagram. I'm looking into building one myself.

Hey Aart! thanks for the schematics bro, just cool!! 8)

Hey guys, wondering, i've already ask to my amp tech to see if he can builds me one footswitch for my III . . .but i've came to a doubt . . .

is possible to build a foot that has these functions below??

Rhy1 / Rhy1 with EQ / Rhy2 / Rhy2 with EQ / Lead / Lead with EQ / Reverb

So with that i avoid completely the tap dancing (eg i can switch from Rhy2 with EQ to lead w/o the EQ with just one hit! i t will be WAY cool!!) and yes each one with its own led.

its possible, but wiring that would be a pain in the arse. what you could do for that is use midi switching, would be hella easier. besides the which, with a footswitch like that, if you switched from r2 w/ eq to lead w/ eq, the eq would actually turn off not stay on.

Schmoog said:
its possible, but wiring that would be a pain in the arse. what you could do for that is use midi switching, would be hella easier. besides the which, with a footswitch like that, if you switched from r2 w/ eq to lead w/ eq, the eq would actually turn off not stay on.

yes, i was thinking that too . . . even thought about the Axess CFX4, but wasnt really in the mood to go back to the midi routine . . . :(

humm, that issue with the EQ is a problem also, THAT really holds me down . . .

probably the best way is to build a foot like that:

Rhy1 / Rhy2 / Lead / EQ / Reverb

isnt it??

what you could do is use tech 21 midi converters, and pull the circuitry out of a midi controller, and put the whole thing into one box, and preprogram R1, R1EQ, R2EQ, LD, LDEQ, EQ, RV. that way it would be kinda like everything you need nothing you dont

Schmoog said:
what you could do is use tech 21 midi converters, and pull the circuitry out of a midi controller, and put the whole thing into one box, and preprogram R1, R1EQ, R2EQ, LD, LDEQ, EQ, RV. that way it would be kinda like everything you need nothing you dont

hummm, thats quite interesting indeed . . . gonna check that also. 8)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/Shep730/DSC03495.jpg

i have other pic's of my amp's a i think one of my guitars to..

thats the footswitch i made..the mesa logo was painted on then a piece of lamanate was laid a cross it so it wouldn't come off..

wasn't to hard..works prefectly...i could build a big mulit one pretty easy just don't know if i need it..if any one want's me to build them one I can..just Pm me and can work out something out..

Back