Bufallo FX Patriot (muff clone) through the mark v?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Hi guys,Im on a hunt for a Big Muff style pedal and have come across the patriot.Just wondering if any has used it through a mark v?Cheers

You buy it? I just ordered one to sit over the clean channel of my V:25 for my 3rd channel. Looking for Gilmourish tones to punkish tones, or at least those that won't come from ch2/iiC+/IV.

Nah i didn't pick one up after.I went with the effectrode mercury fuzz pedal instead.Although i may pick one up in the future.Let me know how it handles it if you do.

Still tweaking my clean to my liking with the pedal over top but thus far it's pretty amazing. It's the sound I wanted, it nails "Sorrow" with almost no effort. I'm a little weird on my clean EQ'ing so that's the only real issue. I have a few settings from some videos to plug in and try and have no doubts it's gonna be fine. I can't seem to EQ a clean channel on a Mark to save my life.

I'm in the market for a muffish fuzz as well. Been leaning towards the Muffaletta but am still open. I like the thought of having several pretty close flavors of the big muff just a twist away.

I chose the Patriot based on the Gilmourish review/rating. He did the Muffuletta as well but gave the Civil War muff setting a lower rating than the Patriot. I may snag the Muffuletta anyway but the Sorrow intro sound is what I wanted and this nails it on my clean channel, essentially giving me the ch3 I wanted.

Here's his JHS video.
And review...

And his Patriot video.
And review....

What made me choose is this quote:
However, in my very subjective opinion, this is as close as you’ll ever get to the Civil War Big Muff and David’s lead tones on PULSE.

Surfing the net for 2 weeks showed this pedal to stand out and I found nothing that would steer me from it.

Back