breaking in the Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masterof1angel said:
yeah, mine's doing the same kinda sh!t. it pops randomly (not often) when switching channels with different power settings, usually the first time you switch it, and also, randomly cycles through the 3 channels quickly while clicking and no sound. this happens when you hit eq, then change from channel 2 to 3. to make it do it again, click back to 2, hit eq 2x, then go to 3 again. I switched midi cables and it stopped so maybe it's that.
+1..the cable is too heavy...it sags-I have posted quite a few about this-I switched to lighter gauge, no problem!!...anyone interested in a heavy gauge midi cable?? :)

thegaindeli said:
Nermel said:
Might be bad electricity

"Bad electricity"? :roll: Hey Nermel - if you don't have anything intelligent to say - don't say anything at all. So far - all you have are derogatory comments that wax like a sh!t-house lawyer! This is an open forum. Just because you don't personally approve of the members questions, doesn't mean they shouldn't ask them. Obviously there are plenty of other members that are more than willing to help other MESA owners with concerns they have with their MESA product(s). Or is it all about Nermel? :?
Dude I'm really hoping that you just had an "off day" and kinda snapped.

I've been experiencing some popping noises when changing between channels also, does it hurt the amp at all?

Octavarium said:
I've been experiencing some popping noises when changing between channels also, does it hurt the amp at all?

not at all...you might be going from say 10w on 1 channel to another channel with 90w...that's normal..if they are all 90w or 45w..you shouldn't hear popping...but if so...might want to look at the power tubes if it's really all that annoying to you

I don't know about all that stuff, but I just changed the name of my band to "Bad Electricity"! :twisted:

Cam, if the recto tube went.. it cut off the amp completely? like no sound for any channel even using the diode recto?

Yep... channel 2 was set to diode if I remember. On Monday after the gig, Chris from Mesa went through everything with me. At first I had no sound, while talking with him and troubleshooting... I flipped the standby switch off briefly then on... I had sound. He then wanted me to swap v 6 and 7 and call him back. I no more got off the phone, strummed a chord ( louder than normal while on the phone with him ) and the sound died in the middle of the chord... (both Fri and Sat night the sound died when I kicked in the Solo or EQ for lead rides... I had replaced the Recto tube on Sat morning after testing the original on and tested completely bad ) ..... So i swapped the tubes in V6 and 7 per Chris's request, the new recto tube still had glow, never got the sound back, called him back and he gave me an RA # and sent a call tag out to UPS for pickup.

It just arrived there yesterday FINALLY!!! (It shipped on the 14th and arrived on the 23rd!!! FICKIN RIDICULOUS SHIP TIME FOR UPS from MO to CA) so I should know something Monday or Tuesday.

about the clicking channels, PLEASE CALL MESA! My amp tech reported the same thing for mine and they said they had no reports of this doing it. Said it must be a connection issue. Mine does it randomly, Usually after it warms up for a bit it gets going. I can then get it to do it each time if I click on channel two, then hit the eq button on the footswitch, then hit channel 3, then switch back to ch. 2, hit eq button, then switch to ch. 3. Also, if you switch off channel 3, then hit eq 2x and back to channel 3, it will do it again. It is very strange, but sounds like a mechanical clicking "just like a fan hitting something" and sometimes i can see the lights going off one and another, faintly switching through the channels very quickly.

-Angel

Latest posts

Back