?? Brand new Roadster up in SMOKE !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is my brain crackled, smoked and exploded when I tried to work how to use the Road King...and I couldn't get it repaired or replaced either!

Just kidding - sorry to hear about your amp - but I'm sure you won't regret it in the long run! The Road King II looks like the bogs dollocks!

When I talked to Rich at Mesa about the "Service Bulletin," he said that it only applied to the 1st 600 amps and that after that, the mod was done at the factory.

I don't think that any of these problems are due to the mod.

I think that a lot of the problems that we are seeing with the Roadster are solely related to the fact that we, as consumers are demanding these things and maybe there are a couple of bugs to work out.

I've opened mine up and done the mod. Very nice construction. Better than the Nomads by far, but not as nice as my Soldano.

The fact that they have a great warranty and they stand by their products makes me a customer for life. I've had a bad Nomad 45 (sold it 2 weeks before it imploded), and a bad 2-channel DR, but Mesa has taken care of every problem that I have seen with their amps.

On a side note, the newer Marshalls have crappy build quality in comparison. I've had 3 TSL combos and all of them have self destructed, and were nearly unrepairable.

I haven't had any problems with my Roadster yet, but I don't get to play it much.

Latest posts

Back