boutique pickups??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I have never heard or played these pickups personally, a lot friends playing guitar locally here are very fond of Lindy Fralin's pickups made here in town (Richmond Virginia) Offers the option of under or overwinding in varying percentages. http://www.fralinpickups.com/

Another vote here for Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells. They only got better with CTS 500k audio taper pots all around and 0.022 uf Paper in Oil Caps. They are great because they do this super articulate modern rock thing but when you roll down the volume knob, you get instant PAF tones!! They are also so well calibrated that my Clean and Gain tones are now EQ'd identically on my amp. They are so phat and even sounding, and they retain such great clarity! LOVE them!!! Paper in Oil cabs are brilliant, btw. I love how I can actually USE my tone knob to get great tones, especially that round, warm, and mid focused jazz tone. No more mud with the tone off!!

Oh, I should mention, the Les Paul because the instrument it was supposed to be all along after I replaced the PUPs and electronics. I now feel that these instruments are broken in their stock form.

YellowJacket said:
Oh, I should mention, the Les Paul because the instrument it was supposed to be all along after I replaced the PUPs and electronics. I now feel that these instruments are broken in their stock form.
Absolutely agree! Own a couple and have played many. They really become HUGE when they get proper gear and a set-up on 'em.

Latest posts

Back