Bought a Roadster head, now I need a cab. Help me find.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just bought a Roadster head today and I should be getting it on Tuesday.
Now I need a cab for my head.

I really can't decide if I should go 2x12 or 4x12. The only thing stopping me from getting a 4x12 is that I will not be able to carry it on my own. And it might have too much bass for small venues. Thoughts on this?

I play a mostly hard rock. Staind, Alter Bridge, Chevelle, A Perfect Circle.

I have been considering a Bogner oversized 2x12 cab with vintage 30s. I only concerend about how this Bogner 2x12 cab would sound for the type of stuff I like to play. Do you think its going to have enough bass response to sound good outdoor and most venues?

Let me know what you think and and if I should go 2x12 or 4x12.

4x12 or 2-2x12's :lol:

why? Cause it sounds huge. I dont think youll have too much bass for small venues, I dont have too much bass for for my jam room. I would go mesa as well, these mesa cabs are gold, they are one of those peices of gear everyone can agree on.

The Bogner ubercab would be interesting as its made for the uberschall which is meant to be a very deep amp, so im sure Bogner will suffice.

Perfect Circle uses VHT, another option.
Alter Bridge, mesa
Stain'd im pretty sure is using Diezel cabs and heads now.

Congrats on your new roadster!

The venues I will be playing with my band right now are these:
What would you get? The 2x12 or the 4x12?
Venue 1
1083291wh4.jpg

guitarmusic779ok7.jpg

Venue 2
guitarmusic748wu4.jpg

Venue3
guitarmusic783fw8.jpg

MaxBoogie said:
Definitely 4x12!

In my case, would you get a slanted or straight one?
Is there a 4x12 with vintage 30s you would like to recommend?

Honestly, I think my 2x12" Horizontal Recto cab is enough. But, if you really need the extra movement of air, I'd rather get 2 2x12's - you could bring 1 or both depending on the venue.

As you hear quite often ya gotta bring your axe, amp and give the cabs a run. I would recommend a Mesa 4x12 Stilletto cab. The low end is definately tighter and not overbearing in a band mix/live. I really liked the Bogner 2x12 regular cab thought it was sweet.I also hear good things about the Genz Benz 2x12s give em a whirl.Good luck and Congrats on your killer new amp dude!

Dang who's the hot chick playing the keys and singing? What was this thread about again? :D :D :D

Probably cheaper to buy a 4x12 than 2 2x12's, I would get any 4x12 since you will be outdoors most of the time. Remember anything you chose will never be perfect, but the less you spend(& lose on resale) finding that out the better.

Good luck and let us know what you get......... :D

Thanks Platypus.
you always help me out with deciding stuff...

Remember when I asked you about the Singlecut or Tremonti? Guess what? I ended up buying both lol (and both in black).

Im really liking the Stiletto cab. It seems a lot more compact thatn the Recto. I would probably be more interested in a straight cab.

Is it the same size as the Marshall 1960?

Is anyone selling??? Or know a store that has one?

Latest posts

Back