Boss DD-20 OK in T-Verb/DR parallel loop ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbmesa

Reaction score
I am about to buy a Boss DD-20 delay. Any DR or T-Verb owners use that pedal in the loop ? Does it work fine with no noise or other weird phase or timing issues due to the parallel loop ? I could NOT make my POD XT sound any good in the loop no matter what I tried. I decided to get a dedicated delay and the DD-20 seems the best bang for the buck.

Anybody have issues with it ?

I think there was recently a thread about this in the effects forum, however; I had serious problems with my DD20 creating a low freq. hum cycle that continued into deafening volume levels.

It did this only on some settings, and whenever the 'rate' was increased past 12 o'clock...

This is all from memory from approx 1 year ago, so please don't quote me, and do some more research.... maybe I had a bum DD20.

Good luck, and lemme know what you go with!

I used a DD-20 in my DR loop for about 3 years and gladly replaced it. I could never get the levels quite right in the loop.

Also, I would get this awful cycle hum if I turned the volume of the pedal up too high. It drove me crazy.

I did some homework and decided on a TC Electronics Vintage Delay pedal ($399 street-ouch!) and I cannot tell you how much better the Tc is.

I still have the DD-20 collecting dust. I am just too lazy to Ebay it....

Interesting that you mention the level issue with the DD-20 because it is supposed to have a line and instrument level input selector switch that should make it work well in the loop.

The levels were always wrong with my PODXT. I cold never get them right and when I turned it up too high it would go into this weird self oscillation feedback thing. I futzed and futzed and gave up and decided to get a dedicated delay.

I don't want to buy a new delay just to find out that it has the same issues as my POD XT.

Anybody else use a DD-20 or other dedicated delay successfully ?

I've just started messing with a Line6 Echo Park delay pedal in the second (parallel) loop of my RK seriesI combo, and so far it's coming along nicely. I have the mix on the pedal set at 100%, and am dialling it in via the mix on the loop. After a bit of messing around with the mix on each channel, I think I'm approaching "happy with the sound". :)
Cheaper pedals don't seem to work as well, as the Boogie really shows up any shortcomings in what's plugged into it. Paying a few extra dollars for the transparency of a good unit is worth the investment.

i had level problems with the dd-20 through my tverb..... especially when i used the warp function on the pedal (don't know if anybody even uses it except me) and i had to throw the pedal in front the amp instead..... i did however throw an rv-3 in the loop and that worked great

stompboxfreak72 said:
I used a DD-20 in my DR loop for about 3 years and gladly replaced it. I could never get the levels quite right in the loop.

Also, I would get this awful cycle hum if I turned the volume of the pedal up too high. It drove me crazy.

I did some homework and decided on a TC Electronics Vintage Delay pedal ($399 street-ouch!) and I cannot tell you how much better the Tc is.

hey, how much for the dd20? :)

junior said:
stompboxfreak72 said:

hey, how much for the dd20? :)

Ive got one still in the box only used a few times in great shape . $165 plus shipping .

Yeah, I thought there was something wrong with mine, so I questioned the seller about it (ebay) and was publicly accused over at harmony central of just having "buyers remorse" and wanting my money back!

Then I finally found another owner who had similar problems with his DD20.

cellardweller said:
Yeah, I thought there was something wrong with mine, so I questioned the seller about it (ebay) and was publicly accused over at harmony central of just having "buyers remorse" and wanting my money back!

Then I finally found another owner who had similar problems with his DD20.

I cant say i've used mine enough to know of any problems . I just wanted something simpler . I barely used it .

Latest posts

Back