boogie character + descent ringout of delays etc (mix level)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vredeveldt

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help me out here !
I find it hard to maintain the powerfull sound of my dual rectifier without losing the influince of my effects from my effects processor.
I have my send level on my dual recto maximized and the mix is at about 30% just to blend it. With this setting i need extreme volumes to get a good thick sound, at lower volumes it sounds thin and muddy which i hate.
But i quess that's still that's too much, cause when i give it less i have a nice thick sound but the effects from my effects processor don't ring out enough even when i set the effects processor mix at 100%.
I personally think the best sounds are achieved by plugging straight into the amp, but yeah...i really want to use my effects loop also.
Maybe the big differece between plugging straight in compared to using the effects loop is the loss of sound caused by the amount of metres cable.
I use six metres for each connection.....too much???
So what should i do best to get a thick boogie sound but also blended a lot by my effects processor?

Slightly different setup here, but this is how I'm doing it with great results...

Guitar > wah pedal > noise gate > amp
Loop send > delay > reverb > loop return

With your master output set at gigging volume and loop active but footswitched off, set Ch1's gain and vol as high as you can without unwanted breakup. Next set Ch2 and 3's vol for an appropriate match in level. Connect the loop send directly to the return with a short cable and adjust send level until the vol is the same with loop on or off (probably around 1:00-2:00).

Connect your fx in the loop as usual, making sure that your processor is set up to deliver a 100% wet signal and it's in/out levels are balanced (in about halfway, out so there is no apparent gain or loss of vol.) Use the fx mix on the amp to blend in fx to taste. Use the master output/ solo to control overall volume.

Note that your DR, like any other high-powered tube amp, will sound better the louder you turn it up. For cranked-amp tone at bedroom vol you will need some type of attenuator like a hotplate, but even the best ones will cost you some tone as the speaker and cab response is lost at low levels.

Hope this is some help
Jon

thanks jon i will give it a try and start messing with the signalpath soon as possible

Latest posts

Back