Blue Angel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvanderlin

Reaction score
i have owned and love my Blue Angel for over 5 yrs. I have always had issues with the el84 power output section. Either it does not work at all or is super noisy. I replaced every tube in my amp about one year ago and now it is broke. It wont make any noise at all. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I miss the tone and gig frequently so any help would be great

Do you have a head or a combo?

I panicked a few weeks ago when my Blue Angel 2x10 suddenly had no output. Luckily it was just the speaker cable. I think the power cord must have been wrapped around it, and when I pulled it out, it pulled the speaker lead loose from one of the spades (which were only crimped, not soldered). Check that first if you have a combo.

I have a combo. The speaker is hooked up correctly. It stopped working at a gig, came back from set break turned it on and it sort of hissed and cracked and now nothing

I have a combo. The speaker is hooked up correctly. It stopped working at a gig, came back from set break turned it on and it sort of hissed and cracked and now nothing

Most likely just the result of a tube gone bad. Even though your tubes are relatively new, one can go bad at any time...try tube swapping...

Well this could be anything, who knows what may have fried.

But yeah, check the simple stuff first. As said before, swap some tubes and double check connections before bringing it to the shop. I assume the pilot light is on? A bum rectifier tube will cut off the amp like that.

have you tried it on the 6v6 option and also happens? if it's also happening maybe it's not the tubes but something else . . .

mine is also a combo (2x10) . . .wondering what speaker do you guys have on yours, planning to swap mines (eminence alnicos) and sorry for the hijack 8)

My combo has a single 12 Celestine BW. I recently took a look under the hood and one of the 6v6 tubes is not working and noneof the EL34's are working.

Latest posts

Back