Blue Angel loud static problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byqsam

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've had a Blue Angel 1x12 combo for a couple of years and just recently it's started messing around. It kicks out a massive continuous static noise, even with the volume right down. I've had an amp repair guy look at it and he had no idea what it could be, so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light on the problem.
It used to occur a few minutes after switching it on, and creep up to this ear-splitting hiss, but now it happens as soon as it's switched on. I don't know if this could be related, but it has always had a habit of blowing fuses every few months too.
I really want to get this fixed as it's a beautiful amp but it's totally unusable as it is, any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Sam

your tech probably checked it but have you tried replacing v1 tube. I had similar probs (not as bad) mine needed new tube in v1.

Im assuming you changed out the power tubes with good ones after you blew the last fuse? In my experiences, when a power tube failed, the fuse went as well.

Is this noise in all channels or specific to just one?

Latest posts

Back