Blue Angel + ALNICO = pure bliss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Reaction score
I thought the old Blue Bulldog was going end up stuck in that amp, it just sounds so good. But turning the volume up just didn't quite feel safe ... I could hear the thing start to flub and well, for me ... it's just too valuable a speaker to watch it go that way. I went back to the stock C90 .. dug out a couple of pedals to warm things up a bit and felt satisfied for a short while. Something was missing though. It just didn't have the same sparkle that the Blue Vox had and I got restless. I took one of the Altec 417-8C's I had loaded in that fuzzy grey box in the corner I almost never used anymore and low and behold I was reminded why I held on to those speakers for all these years. My dilemma turned into whether to use a pedal or if it sounded better going straight into the amp from the guitar. I decided on a boost just to give a little cut factor for a lead tone ... but it doesn't really need it at all. Pickup selection and fiddling with the volume knob is really all it takes.

Now if I could just get the volume pot to come up smoothly like the DR instead of jumping from off to on at "8:30" I'll really be a happy camper.

... wait a minute .... what am I going to do with that beautiful blue speaker. ****, I might need another amp just so it doesn't go to waste. :lol:

Back