Blown fuse :(

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawtoothgrin

Reaction score
I blew a fuse about a week ago in my Triple Rectifier and I can't find anyone around me that'll sell a 4 amp Slo-Blo fuse. I've tried Radio Shack, various electronic stores, etc and I can't find anything yet. :(

Where do you guys get your fuses? Is there anywhere online I could try?

I don't know, where you live, but every shop with home apliances has hundreds of them. They are not different from the others used in radios, TVs, etc. (with some exceptions). Slow blow fuses have letter T in their code - it is engraved in one of the metal ends together with the current rating. Fast fuses have "F" IIRC.

sawtoothgrin said:
I blew a fuse about a week ago in my Triple Rectifier and I can't find anyone around me that'll sell a 4 amp Slo-Blo fuse. I've tried Radio Shack, various electronic stores, etc and I can't find anything yet. :(

Where do you guys get your fuses? Is there anywhere online I could try?

I've been looking too! Can never find the one that the manual suggests.

If you must have it online, try this:

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/fuses.htm

But as I have said. They must be available in any electronics or hobby shop.

Radio Shack slow blow fuses:

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032303&cp=2032058.2032234

I found a 125V on the Radio Shack site, but my amp calls for a 120V. Would it be safe to use a 125V?

Hey Sawtoothgrin,

I went through this a while back in picking up some spare fuses for my amp and pulled my hair out in trying to find an exact 120V 2AMP fuse.

The voltage doesn't matter as long as the the voltage of the fuse is as high or higher than the recommended voltage on the amp, which should be 120V here in the States. It's the amp value of the fuse that should be an exact match. I have a 250V 2 amp fuse in my F-50. The fuse chart said that you can use this fuse on anything up to 250V. Also, just make sure that they are a slow blow type of fuse. You'll be OK.

Gary-

Brewski said:
Hey Sawtoothgrin,

I went through this a while back in picking up some spare fuses for my amp and pulled my hair out in trying to find an exact 120V 2AMP fuse.

The voltage doesn't matter as long as the the voltage of the fuse is as high or higher than the recommended voltage on the amp, which should be 120V here in the States. It's the amp value of the fuse that should be an exact match. I have a 250V 2 amp fuse in my F-50. The fuse chart said that you can use this fuse on anything up to 250V. Also, just make sure that they are a slow blow type of fuse. You'll be OK.

Gary-

Thank you Gary! :D

I've been losing sleep over finding an exact match :lol:

Latest posts

Back