Blew out my Rectifier tubes? HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexterslabrecording

Reaction score
I own a studio and own a bunch of different amps. My band had a show, and I let my guitar player use my Dual Rec. It lasted 2 songs. When he would hit the strings it would come out loud then get very quite.

The sound guy said 2 tubes werent lit up. They were the 5u4GB's. Then i looked and he had plugged the 16 ohm speaker out into the 4 ohm in of his cabinet...not good. Could this just over work the tubes and burn them out, or does this sound like a different problem?

I always match the Ohms, so theres never any problems. He over looked this part. Any input from anyone who knows Ohms, Tubes...?

Thanks

I doubt it is your rectifier tubes.. they glow just not very bright at all. If these were bad it'd blow your fuse.

Does the amp still turn on?

Just hope you didn't smoke your output transformer....

See if switching to the silicon rectifier solves it, if it does then the rectifier tubes are out, but they are really tough and a little mismatching, especially for only a 2 song period, shouldn't hurt them. Was there speaker cable connecting the head and cab? If it was instrument cable that could be your problem too.

Latest posts

Back