Blending heads...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sistine35

Reaction score
Does anyone Blend there Boogies with anything else .. say a marshall or anything... If so.. give all the details.. how to do it... sound clips anything..

Im looking into blending some things...

Dual Rec 3 Channel
1 4x12 Oversized Cabinet
1 2x12 Cabinet

well, it's easy to blend... ya just have to record imagine 2 tracks, one of your mesa and another of a marshall and then pan each track to left and right that gives a cool stereo sound, of course you need the 2 amps for this, lol.

Unwritten law uses one triple rec and a marshall, try to listen to them or see some live videos and you'll get the picture.
Hope it helps.
bye.

no dude.. im talking like blending them LIVE.. as in two amps.. one guitarist.. one sound...

A/B/Y switcher. You'll either need a midi system or be able to simultaneously change channels with the foot controllers; then run each head to a cab, have both cabs mic'd and blended both in stage volume and in the house PA. It's a bit of a pain, but it'd probably sound cool, if the Mesa isn't doing everything for you. Petrucci and numerous others do this type thing on a little bit larger scale ( i.e. 3 Road King heads and 2 Lone Star Heads into about 5-10 cabs). Anyway, it can be done.

-AJH

Exactly. ABY switcher. Probably some type of MIDI switching set up. You can get most of what you need from www.axess-electronics.com. What amp do you want to blend with the Dual Rec. I'd recommend a Marshall JCM or a Mesa Stiletto...

exactly.. the marshall has the really tite rake and attack sound that some parts of the rectifier lack.. however i love my boogie and wouldnt trade it for a thing.

things can always get better though

I've been wanting to confirm if the Ernie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan pedal could be used. I use to see a guitarist use this setup but he may have had a signal booster. Should allow you to pan your signal between two amps. May be better for single channel amps.

Mr_You said:
I've been wanting to confirm if the Ernie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan pedal could be used. I use to see a guitarist use this setup but he may have had a signal booster. Should allow you to pan your signal between two amps. May be better for single channel amps.

i used to do that, but it didn't work out too well. but then again, i was using one amp for clean tones and one for dirty tones. the dirty amp's signal always bled into the clean's.

a whirlwind A/B though works really well. i used to use one of those when i ran two boogie heads.

IMAG0050.jpg

with the Wirlwind A/B Selector, were you able to run both heads at the SAME time through the cab? or is it one or the other kinda deal?

would i be able to run 2 heads for a dirty sound and switch them to seperate amp for a clean sound?

I've simulated blending two heads with my Boss GT Pro. It can run 2 different premamps each with its own cabinet, mic and mic position. I've tried it in mono and in stereo. It's very cool. You can get the best of both worlds so to speak.

Once my Quad preamp arrives, I will try blending 2 of its channels. I read in the manual that that is possible. I may also be picking up an ADA MP2 as well so I may end up blending those together too.

Blending 2 or more amps together can get a HUGE well defined tone or, if you're not careful, a big wall of noise.

Switchbone pedal.....better and more transparent than the wirlwind(no offence). Does a/b/ab....boost,gain boost(its so-so)180 degree phasing,mute. I used mine with a 3ch.DR and a Stiletto trident head....**** nice blend.
Alot of more expensive switching pedals out there..guess to each there own. Heard that Divided by13(switchazel) is one of the best out there.

prs1999 said:
Switchbone pedal.....better and more transparent than the wirlwind(no offence). Does a/b/ab....boost,gain boost(its so-so)180 degree phasing,mute. I used mine with a 3ch.DR and a Stiletto trident head....**** nice blend.
Alot of more expensive switching pedals out there..guess to each there own. Heard that Divided by13(switchazel) is one of the best out there.

this isn't a wirlwind, it's the lehile dual programmable switch, which owns your switchbone.

Nitrobattery said:
I could run just the Mark IV, just the Dual, or both at the same time.

how much hum did you get from this unit?

what are some other a/b/y selector that are easy to use as this but would have less hum?

thanks!

11venthhour said:
Nitrobattery said:
I could run just the Mark IV, just the Dual, or both at the same time.

how much hum did you get from this unit?

what are some other a/b/y selector that are easy to use as this but would have less hum?

thanks!

Check out the Lehle products,

http://lehle.com/frameset.php?country=us&lang=en&A_Link=products

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/lehle.php

I plan on running my Dual Rec and my forthcoming Stiletto Ace combo together with a Liehle Dual A/B/Y.. should be insane.

Platypus said:
I plan on running my Dual Rec and my forthcoming Stiletto Ace combo together with a Liehle Dual A/B/Y.. should be insane.

oh snap.. yeah man, that'd be some SERIOUS TONE. It's like having studio grade tone without the EQing. But i could imagine so much noise .. I mean, all the humming and bad AC , but i'm sure you can isolate each peice and then put the ground switch and then get a really good noise reduction system.. one that doens't take away the tone.. ANYWAYS make sure to make some clips of your stiletto and dual !

Back