black shadow v30 speakers same as Celestion v30?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mesa is a company that is very perticular about their product. Espesially when it comes to speakers.

They chose the Vinage 30's because they liked the way they performed. They refuse to use the chinese made V30's because in their oppinion they do not perform they way they want them to. Because of that, Mesa have a wharehouse full of UK made V30's for their boxes and know that eventually they will run out of stock. They are now doing the research to find a new speaker, probably made by eminence, that is identical to the v30 or at least performs like it.

How can you argue with mesa. Guitar amps are their life. Surely they know what works and what doesn't.

Persoannly, I like the way the UK v30s sound compaired to the Chinese v30. Lets face it. If they were the same why are people selling UK v30s on the bay for killer prices?

sanchez

I believe Mesa is over priced here in Australia. But they are meticulous with build quality. A mesa cab loaded with UK V30's next to a Marshall cab with either UK or Chinese speakers is going to be built better and sound better. Better parts and timber.

We have had this debate before. I believe that if you want a better built amp or speaker box you really need to look at the various boutique amp makers. And still the debate is open on some of them being better than Mesa.

Mesa has earned its place in the amp market for a reason. They show no sign of going backwards with build quality unlike Marshall and some other brands.

As for Mesa and the UK V30's. Remember Mesa is a HUGE customer for Celestion. What mesa wants Mesa gets. I would not be surprised if Celestion continues to make UK V30s just for Mesa.

I was under the impression that the Celestion company had been sold and that is why the new owners moved the manufacture of speakers to China. Also I thought the 25watt Greenbacks were still being made in the UK.

Sanchez

Ever had sombody tell you "ours is the same as theirs, but ours costs a lot less". How? Usually its in build quality and/or materials used. theres got to be a reason Boogie wants theirs built in the UK. Go ahead, buy that Indian, Korean, or Mexican made strat versus the American made model and you can see the difference. I would buy the speaker after the workers have built them for a while, and gotten some experience doing it. The first few years, no way.

Latest posts

Back