BIG Rectoverb question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie shoes

Reaction score
why is it called a RECTOverb if it doesnt have a tube Rectofier??? as far as I can tell the Rectoverbs use the solid state rectofiers that all modern amp makers use...........so then is it just a "Verb" with no Recto?

Because Mesa got a little "loose" with the naming conventions of the Rectifier series. The original Dual Rectifier was named so because it had TWO options for power rectification: Tube, or SS. The Triple Rectifier was named because it had THREE sets of rectifier tubes, and the single was named because it had only ONE option for rectification: SS.

I think.

The truth is, the Single Rectifier has a) a SINGLE set of power tubes, or b) a SINGLE option for rectification, but it doesn't matter. It's a 50-watt amp in the Rectifier series. It shares the majority of its preamp setup with the bigger amps, and has a similar tone and feel. It's a Recto, be in a Solo or a 'Verb.

it's called a single rectifier rectoverb because it has a single rectifier choice and it has reverb. there's no marketing mumbo jumbo here. the triple is really the amp we should be questioning. That third method of converting AC to DC still eludes me :wink:

but none of those amps have the "dual rectifier" preamp, and that's really what the "recto" sound comes from.

yeah I am just picking.
I was dissapointed when I found out the rectoverb didnt have a tube rectifier. it might have the sound but not the feel.

Latest posts

Back