Best way to record my Boogie ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UDAMANN

Reaction score
What's the best way to get my Boogie's tone onto an mp3 so I can post it ? I've got a computer & that's it.

Should I get some software & a mic ? Or should I get an all in one digital recorder ?

I'd like to take backing tracks or drum loops & add my "Ace's" great tone to it.

Any advice would be great & then I'll give you some nice "Stilleto" clips to enjoy.

Thanks ! Tim

that's a tough question to answer because it depends on whether you wanna record amateurly or professionaly or just for the sake of screwing around... it also depends what kind of computer and recording setting you have.

my best advice because when i was strictly in my bedroom and didnt have a studio and wasnt trying to record stuff i did the following:

my suggestion is get like a pc based DAW or if you have an apple then apple based. you can get like "light" versions of pro tools, sonar, cakewalk whatever and get a usb or firewire based recording console like an mbox which is prob the best in its class and get a very good (and industry standard) recording mic like the sm57 which is cheap ($90-$100) and you can record like that. if you are not recording to mix and make full songs and stuff you can't go wrong and having things like the mbox and the experience you get from playing around with computer based digital recording programs will help you out if you want to get better or more involved in recording stuff and writing songs.

otherwise you can get like a 4-8 track one of those like fostex or boss or roland all in one workstations and all you would need is a mic. you can actually mix everything there and make mp3s once you bring into your computer via USB or FIREWIRE. the advantage i see for the computer based is that it is a gateway and an easier transition into the world of recording because you have hands on learning and experience with computer workstations..... the all in one route will probably be cheaper but you will have to upgrade anyway if you want to get past bedroom recordings.

Aramism said:
that's a tough question to answer because it depends on whether you wanna record amateurly or professionaly or just for the sake of screwing around... it also depends what kind of computer and recording setting you have.

the all in one route will probably be cheaper but you will have to upgrade anyway if you want to get past bedroom recordings.

Hey
Aramism is so on with his advise, so my advise is save your money and do it right the first time. Recording software such as cakewalk and so on is very powerful even with there strip down versions but you can also add plug-in’s later, you cant do that with most all-in-on recorders.

The Roland units have third party plugins that use many of the same programs as the computer based software. You can also move your tracks from the Roland to the computer if you want. The nice thing about the Rolands is they are very portable and powerful. You can do everything from record, mix, master and burn cd's on them.

Latest posts

Back