Best rack effects for Triaxis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renarts

Reaction score
What are your favorite rack effects to use with a Triaxis. I'm using a G-Major and think it robs my tone. I noticed the Triaxis/2:90 sounds best with the effects bypassed altogether. I really only need occasional delays and sometimes a little chorus. I'm thinking of going back to my Intellifex.

Also, which signal path is best for effects... use the FX loop on the Triaxis or put the FX between the Triaxis and the amp?

I use my G-Force in between my TA and my power amp. I didn't like it quite as much in the loop (too much variation in levels due to the "master" being the send level.).

I don't know about the G-Major, but there is no difference in tone when the G-Force is bypassed/not bypassed, but no effects turned on/or completely disconnected. It's a very transparent processor.

"I'm thinking of going back to my Intellifex."

On the contrary, I've had both the Intellifex, G Major and currently have the G Force. Both the G Force and G Major are transparent when used between the pre and pwr amp.

Frankly, I thought the Intellifex sounded horrible and truly did suck my tone.

Only reason for selling the G Major and getting the G Force was for the extra programming capabilities.

Sonically the G Major and G Force sound the same to me,,,G Force has more features

I've also tried the Lexicon MPX g2 and the MPX1. Hated the G2, really liked the MPX1...but couldn't deal with the delay when switching patches.

Thanks GintownSound and Jazzgear! I think I'll give the G-Major another shot. I've never tried it between the TA and amp. Sounds like that's the way to go. Thanks again!
8)

I've got both Intellifex and Replifex units between the Triaxis and 20/20 amp, and the tone suckage isn't significant, IMHO. I do recommend taking the effects out of the loop, though.

I only use the loop for a Hush Super C unit, and then only sometimes. The cool thing about the loop is that it is programmable, to be in or out per preset.

- Thom

I´m a rocktron fanatic but so saddy I must to recomend you not using the hush of the intellifex. not using the hush intellifex is so great for the triaxis.
another choice is to get into analog pedals and switch and route them with gcx staff

Wow, I tried re-routing the G-Major between the TA and amp like you guys suggested and wow! I can't believe the difference. All of the tone and dynamics are alive as if there was no FX at all and the G-major works great in that position! I can't believe I've never tried this. Thanks again for the tips, guys! Ya'll ROCK!
8)

I bought the G force about 2 months ago, after buying this i never looked back, it has a mind blowing amount of possibilities as well as a true bypass

Nick_cor said:
is there anyway of getting this kind of connection with a gmajor and a Mark IV head?

Putting the effect unit between the preamp and poweramp in serial is just like using it in the effects loop. Or as some amps call them, preamp out and poweramp in.

Timbre Wolf said:
I've got both Intellifex and Replifex units between the Triaxis and 20/20 amp, and the tone suckage isn't significant, IMHO. I do recommend taking the effects out of the loop, though.
I know the post is old but....
How do you wire them? I already have an Intellifex, wired in series after the TA, and I've recently bought a Replifex for all the modulation effects. Do you have any advice on how to use them both effectively?

Timbre Wolf said:
I only use the loop for a Hush Super C unit, and then only sometimes. The cool thing about the loop is that it is programmable, to be in or out per preset.
I have a Rocktron 360 there, for compression and analog Hush when needed.

i keep hearing everyone saying it works better placing the efx unit before the power amp instead of the efx loop for the triaxis.

why?

is it a tone thing? is it a master volume issue?
whats the reasoning for this? i recently picked up the triaxis and gforce last week and have it in the efx loop, but havent tried it straight out yet...i like the idea of being able to program it into the switch or not for some patches...but i want to know the real reasons this is not preferred.

Thanks

same with the Rec Pre. Hardly anything sounds good in the loop, but between the pre and 20/20 it's sweetness.

edit:

I don't know why this is, really, and it's funny because in the Rec Pre manual Mesa basically says that the fx loop sucks. The down side of this, as I have mentioned before, is that the output level from the Rec Pre (or almost any preamp) is high enough to cause a lot of pedals to clip.

Back