Best 30 Watt Sub $2K EL84 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better sounding EL84 Combo?

• Lonestar Special

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VOX AC30CC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Now that I tried the Express 5:25 -- and did not like it for my needs. I am cotemplating either going back to an LSS or looking elsewhere.

Which is the best sounding EL84 amp you've played/heard to date?

I am narrowing the poll options to the two listed because they're close in price. I am not considering the offerings from BAD CAT, Matchless, etc. - which I know sound better, but the price is way too high for it's one trick.

edgarallanpoe said:
Hands down...the Fargen Epic. Ben makes some of the best amps on the planet. His website is under construction and I don't see it listed so he might not make it anymore. I used to have a Matchless DC30 and the Fargen sounded better.

http://www.fargenamps.com/amplifiers.html

But is it under $2K, if not then it doesn't qualify.

sgtbaker said:
Peavey Classic 30 is only like $500 and it sounds excellent.
Bang for your buck! I have a friend that buys / sells amps, some boutiques, some production, he cannot part with his Peavey Classic 30 yet he sold his Mark II, Blue Angel. Of course he has a bad case of GAS and those amps were to finance his other purchases ... and knowing the Classic 30 did not have a good use market value. But this amp is keeper for him.

Back