Best 1x12 cab for a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I am getting into my "I need more gear for the sake of having more gear" mode.

I have a Mark IV and a recto 1x12. It's fine. I love it. I want another cab.

Love the one I have, I just want something new.

I know tone is in each's own ear, but what 1x12 speaker and cab was specifically voiced for the Mark IV?

I assume there is there a specific EV speaker that should go into it?

EVM-12L was the original model for the Theile cabinet. EV made them and sold them with their own label. For a while, I am pretty sure, they sold them to Mesa who put a Black Shadow label on it (same speaker). I actually found an '82 Fender Concert II (Rivera era Fender intended to compete with Mesa), which had an EVM-12L with a Fender label on it. I took it in trade for a V30 and it sounds identical to my OEM EVM-12L.

I've owned several thieles in the past and I find them too boxy sounding and directional. I much prefer my 3/4 back 1x12 cab. It sounds bigger, more 3D, less compressed, and more natural overall. I highly recommend them! I've run several amps through it and they always sound sweet - including my Mark V. I really like the C90 in it too. It's got just enough bite.

My Mark IV goes through a 2x12 Recto with a satellite to a Mark IIB 1x12 combo with an EV, so I have the best of bost worlds..open and closed backs....focused and roomy. :lol:

Anyone have any experience with these guys cabs?

http://www.vintageboogie.com/

Long term I would like to get a head cab a speaker cab for my Mark IV from there. Atleats at this point I don't see myself ever getting rid of the Mark IV (Today anyway. We all know what GAS can do to you)

EV loaded Theile is very tough to beat...(especially in conjunction with a 1x12 combo)

I bought this

http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/product_info.php/info/p3340_TTC-112-806---EVM-12L-8-Ohm.html

for my MkIVa in place of a bulky 4x12 Recto cab and never looked back.
The next best thing after a full bodied 4x12 cab.

zebpedersen said:
EV loaded Theile is very tough to beat...(especially in conjunction with a 1x12 combo)

+1. That is EXACTLY what I did. But it sounds killer on its own too.

Latest posts

Back