Believe it or not..another Mark 4, r2 boost question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
i know there have been a ton of threads about using a boost in front for r2.i am currently using an ocd.could you guys share with me some of your settings :D you have had luck with.do you use any gain from the pedal?do you max the gain on r2?i am just trying to push it into marshall territory.thanks for input.

i use an ocd. not really but i have one and sometimes i use it but between that and the gsystem there are just too many cables running around and i dont need it. do you use the geq for the lead channel? if not set it up for the r2 and use set it to come on automatically on that channel. i dont know really how marshalls sound cause ive only played a jvm briefly before getting sucked into the 525s but it made the r2 tone alot easier to shape while maintaining the grit and openess that make a cranked r2 different than lead

I agree with what was said above. If I want to boost my R2 and not go to the lead channel, I use the eq. I've got the mid bands boosted more than the highs and lows and I've played around with it to find what I like. I use this as a boost for solos on the R1 also if I don't want to go to lead.

As a disclaimer, I use as few pedals in front of my Mark IV as possible. Usually that is none.

Latest posts

Back