BBE Sonic Stomp Pedal with MKIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
I had the old rack version of this from way back in the day. I decided to check out the new foot pedal (sonic Stomp) version on my MKIV. I've had it for a couple of weeks and really like it. it really works well on R1 and 2 to add some nice clarity to the sounds. It's a subtle sounding pedal unless you crack it all the way up. If you do turn it up to far it can start to sound bad. It sounds great straight into the front of the amp and also sounds great in the efexs loop. I think it's a great tool to use with the MKIV. It adds a little sparkle to the cleans and gets rid of the mud on R2. It's not as fun as buying a overdrive or delay etc. pedal, but it really helps me dial in my mkiv. $99 wish it was $50 but still worth it IMHO.

BBE just stopped working? I think it's the foot switch but I'm bringing it back ASAP. Still like the way it sounds but not sure how it will hold up. Any one else have a problem with the BBE pedals?

I used to use one of these when I was running a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I ebayed this one.

DSC00958b.jpg

It made such a difference that I couldn't run my setup without it.

You're right, these type of pedals are too expensive. They should be half the cost.

Good luck with the BBE pedal. Check all the basics before you take it back (even the way it's powered).

Got another BBE, hope this one last longer. I like that Xciter pedal, very nice. The BBE sounds really nice as long as I don't turn it up to much. i thinks it's a great find.

Back