Balancing volume of clean and high gain channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

den-s

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I've had my Dual Rectifier for several years. In that time I have never been able to get my clean channel to compete with my high gain channels. In working with my band I keep my clean channel volume maxed out with a little gain to get it to punch through. The volume for channels 2 & 3 I set at about 30% and they still seem to over power the clean channel. Is this normal? Am I missing something?

Also, in just working with the clean channel with the master maxed out I've run the output volume up to 75% and its not that loud. I would have thought a 100 watt amp at those settings would be screaming loud even without any gain.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

den-s said:
...with the master maxed out I've run the output volume up to 75% and its not that loud...

:shock: That should be enough to launch a speaker cone halfway across the stage! Can you post your settings and a brief description of your music?

Anything hooked up in the FX loop? If not, bypass it unless you need the Solo boost function. If you do need the Solo, be sure the FX Send level is up to at least noon, probably better around 1:00.

Try more Gain in the clean channel...I run mine like this: CH1 clean, Gain 12:00, Master 1:30, Bass 12:00, Mid 10:30, Treb 12:15, Pres ~10:00 depends on room. With the Output anywhere near halfway up, it is punishingly loud and still very clean even with a front-end boost.

Wow, pushing the gain did the trick. I guess I never trusted that you could put that much gain into channel 1 and keep it clean. It actually sounds great! **** its freakin loud.

Thank you my friend, I've been pulling my hair out over this.

Latest posts

Back