Are two Mark III's better than one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
Have a Blue Stripe Combo and been eyeballing a Red Stripe Combo. Looks perfect. It's a loaded Simul.

Should I go this route or get a Mark I like I was talking about before?

This thing sure does look sweet.

Depends, man, I think the red and blue are supposedly the ones that are the closest to each other in sound. My green and purple (both loaded) are pretty different amps. I probably wouldn't have a use for, say, two greens.

I have a Lehle "dual" ABY switcher and will say that it can bring out the best of each amp. With the MkIII, as you know, the R2 sound depends on the Volume 1 setting. If it is set too high, the R1 tone will be a bit gritty. Some may like it this way, and some may not. With two amps, you can get optimal results from the rhythm and lead channels of both amps to switch between. Or switch to the "Y" function and plant your feet firmly to the ground. :lol:

Though something like this would be really cool also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-I-1976-Vintage-Tube-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ150261997587QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2 is better than 1. I found I like the Simul-satellite better than 2 actual Mark III's. I get the tone from the Mark III and the added tone shaping with the satellite....plus the satellite has some Mark IV tone in it so they sound HUGE together. 8)

Well I should clarify I wouldnt be using them at the same time, just to have another Boogie is my reasoning.

I think it would be cool to have an original Mark I. It probably would be better if I had something different rather than the same amp.

Nomad said:
Well I should clarify I wouldnt be using them at the same time, just to have another Boogie is my reasoning.

I think it would be cool to have an original Mark I. It probably would be better if I had something different rather than the same amp.

Nomad, I almost bought JOEY B's '78 and that '76 looks very tempting.

Well I took the Plunge going to pick up the Red Stripe Sunday.

So I'll have two Mark III's

This one is very very clean which my Blue Stripe is too.

Latest posts

Back