are there diffrences in the mark iv(not a/b models)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin2354

Reaction score
Im talking if its a short medium or rackmount and if so what would be the most logical to use with a 4 12 cab(i feel a little silly asking a question like this) :lol:

No difference aside from aesthetics. The short/rack have a few of the controls on the back of the amp where the medium is on the front.

The medium is the most logical choice for a 4x12.. the short obviously still works but looks a little strange being so small :)

thank you, Do you happen to know if a medium head happens to be harder to come by than the others?Beyond that question if i have the 1300ish will i be able to find a mark iv medium head without spending months doing so?

justin2354 said:
thank you, Do you happen to know if a medium head happens to be harder to come by than the others?Beyond that question if i have the 1300ish will i be able to find a mark iv medium head without spending months doing so?

Well, a recent development is that Mesa stopped ordering parts for the short models so they will only be making medium ones at this point. I would assume it will be much harder to find a short model now because of this.

Finding a Mark IV is tricky. Sometimes it pops up out of nowhere and other times you can go a long while trying to find one. I spent about 3-4 months looking for one.. others find one instantly.

The best option is to check eBay every day.. this forum is also a great resource, check the boogie classifieds daily. Perhaps post a 'WTB: Mark IV Medium Head' thread there and bump it every now and then. Check Craigslist in your area too, lots of good deals pop up.

For 1300 you should be able to find one easily.

Good luck and welcome!

deffinetly, I was going to buy a valve king head and a cab i liked, but i came to realise that spending a grand is a waste when i can spend another grand and have an amp i never need to really upgrade from.the mark IV sounded so beauitful after about an hour of tweaking the settings and finding what i liked.

BEST AMP I EVER PLAYED HANDS DOWN
Who the hell is Marshall?(not realisticaly great company great amps just not used the way they`re supposed to be alot of the time)

MesieBooga said:
Can both versions (short too) be retubed by pulling the front panel? :?: My IIC+ small boxes are a pain to retube!
I don't have the medium head but yes on the Mark IV short head you have access to the preamp tubes by removing the front panel which is attached with velcro, which also makes it easy to change the look of the amp, or you can leave it off all together for better cooling.

Latest posts

Back