are mesa heads and marshall cabs a really bad combination

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive tried to increase the volume even up to 1200 with the drive volume at 1200 and its still there. On multiple guitar. Maybe its a bad tube...time will tell.

buy a mesa TRADITIONAL. i was using the exact same setup as you but with a tube screamer in front of my head, to cut some of the bass. i also know exactly what your talking about with the brittleness. i mean the marshall still works with it, and its all preference, but i just a traditional cab last week cuz i was so sick of the sound i was getting. the trditioanl is LOUDER, handles alot more bass, is a lot thicker, more clarity, less high end, overall a lot more quality sounding. that is how i feel at least. the other dude in my band uses a 1960A still and we've done tons of comparisons all day long with the same settings but with the 2 different cabs. i would take the traditional all day long. i tried out a standard at the guitar center with the same setup and yes the bass is quite floppy and muddy.

:idea: see,,,,i use no cab or tubes and the tone is so uncolored, its what ever i want it to be any time, all the time :wink:

Hi! I used to play 1960A cabs for a year! I sold them both now because i didnt like the hars high dounds. everywhere i went on stage i had a different sound. the cabs sounded good when played at home or when i was in 1 place in front of them. When I walked forward I noticed those high pitching sounds. it even didnt sound like my amp anymore. and i playes them with a mark IV!

nice to read all this about v30's.... I'm really excited about hearing them soon!

Latest posts

Back