Anyone using two 2x12 recto cabs instead of 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onestar

Reaction score
Hi..
I live in turkey and its really hard to transport 4x12 cabs here.. So i decided to buy two 2x12 cabs and ship them here seperately.. But does it make a dramatic change in the sound? Has anyone here tried it before?

I also have 2/2x12 cabs, and while they have served me sufficiently, there are those who will swear this is no substitute the low-freq growl of a 4x12.

YMMV, and as as always it depends upon the application and genre....

twin 2x12 make for tighter bass frequencies. i enjoy my 2 2x12s. more so than my oversized 4x12, which was too boomy and unfocused.

Hi there,

My current setup is an Ace head through two 2 X 12's roadster cabs (I suspect they are exactly the same cabs as the Stilletto 2 X 12 with minor cosmetic changes). These are closed cabs with the 30's speakers. I live in Mexico so I had the same shipping problem to get bigger cabs. IMO the closed 2 X 12 are thighter and less boomy (I'm comparing with a Marshall AVT 4 X 12 here). Finally your back will be thankful for the weight issue.

BR

Fausto

im sure it will... =)) and i ll have the option to carry a smaller cabinet for smaller venues as well..

Latest posts

Back